Snow Cone Mini Cupcakes - easy-breezy, delightfully cute mini cupcakes adorned with colorful sanding sugar to resemble delicious snow cones; a fun and delish way to celebrate summer with just one bite.
It's still summer, and even though I enjoy fall, odds are in WI we're going to skip fall and move right into winter, something I loathe (snow).
So, I am holding onto summer for dear life and have a few more summer recipes to share, like Snow Cone Mini Cupcakes!
Snow Cone Mini Cupcakes are easy-breezy to make, not so much to photograph. Sorry, I wish these photos did these mini cupcakes justice; they do not.
Anywho, you bake up your favorite vanilla mini cupcakes or white boxed cake mix. No judgment here with boxed cake mix. I love the boxed cake mix.
Then you'll need to make my favorite vanilla buttercream because it's the BEST. You'll want to refrigerate your buttercream for 5-10 minutes; it makes it WAY easier to scoop.
Next up, using a #60 disher you're going to scoop your chilled buttercream and plop it right on top of your mini cupcakes, no rocket science here.
When you have your cutie vanilla mini cupcakes with their chilled scooped buttercream plopped onto you're going to add your sanding sugar.
Snow Cone Mini Cupcakes use blue, red, and yellow sanding sugars; the colors give a true snow cone vibe.
To get the sanding sugar onto the cupcakes you're just going to roll the buttercream top into different bowls of different colored sanding sugar. It's really THAT easy.
After you've made all your Snow Cone Mini Cupcakes they're ready to eat and eat them you will!
Snow Cone Mini Cupcakes are totes adorbs, easy-breezy to make, taste delicious, and scream SUMMER!
Your kids will LOVE Snow Cone Mini Cupcakes. You'll LOVE Snow Cone Mini Cupcakes. Everyone will LOVE Snow Cone Mini Cupcakes.
Snow Cone Mini Cupcakes
- vanilla cupcakes recipe/white boxed cake mix
- vanilla buttercream
- blue, red, and yellow sanding sugar
- Bake up your favorite vanilla mini cupcakes or white boxed cake mix. Allow cooling completely before frosting.
- Make up your favorite vanilla buttercream and chill for 5-10 minutes in the fridge; this makes for easier scooping.
- Using three small bowls, add blue, red, and yellow sanding sugar to each bowl respectively. Set aside.
- Using a #60 disher, scoop vanilla buttercream onto each of your mini cupcakes.
- Dip your frosted mini cupcakes into your choice of colored sanding sugars; reshape frosting with your finger if necessary. Eat & Enjoy!
Shop This Recipe