Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats – your favorite, much-loved, Rice Krispies treats with a Mickey Mouse twist.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
Yep, this girl is going to Disney World. I absolutely LOVE and ADORE Disney World and Florida. It is my favorite place to be, and I am ridiculously excited. Woohoo!
In honor of my trip and my excitement, I am sharing Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats.
I first made these delicious treats back in June for a birthday party. I promised I was going to share them back then, but I committed a blogger foul and forgot to take pictures. Fortunately, I remember this time around. 🙂
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats are your typical and much-loved Rice Krispies treats with the twist of them being cut into Mickey Mouse-shaped heads and dipped into dark chocolate for the full Mickey Mouse effect.
Step-by-Step Directions for Cutting Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats
To create this cute treat you'll need a Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter. I used the Mickey Mouse Sandwich Cutter because it is a thick cutter, has a nice plastic rim, and makes huge Rice Krispies treats. It works like a dream and I highly recommend it! You'll also need cooking spray and waxed paper.
You’ve got your Rice Krispies treats all smushed down into a 13x9x2" baking pan and they are still warm because you are doing this immediately after smushing them into the pan. Now you’ll want to spray your mickey cookie cutter and your fingers with cooking spray to help with the stickiness.
While the treats are still warm, press your mickey cookie cutter into your Rice Krispies treats. Using your fingers press the cereal down inside the cookie-cutter and then gently lift the cutter with the treat inside of the cutter out of the pan. Gently press the treat out of the cutter and place it onto your waxed paper.
There are no scraps. You’ll cut a few Mickey-shaped heads with your cookie cutter and then squish+smush the scraps into the uncut Rice Krispies Treats, and then go back to cutting. You’ll keep doing this until there are not enough treats left to cut a shape out of. I had hardly any left, but the amount will depend on the size of your cookie cutter and how good you are at squishing and smushing.
5 Tips + Tricks for Making Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats
1. The key to cutting the Rice Krispies treats into shapes using a cookie-cutter is you need to do it while the treats are still warm! You'll need to be somewhat quick, as you need to finish cutting the Mickey-shaped heads before your treats cool.
2. Cooking spray is your friend. You may need to spray it onto your Mickey cutter more than once. Also, don't be afraid to put it on your fingers as well.
3. You can easily melt chocolate in the microwave being careful not to burn it, however, I absolutely recommend the Wilton Candy Melting Pot. I use this melting pot ALWAYS with my chocolate melting recipes.
5 When working with chocolate, I can't speak highly enough about using paramount crystals. Paramount crystals help prevent sugar and fat bloom but are not crucial to the recipe. Chocolate is very finicky though; I always recommend using paramount crystals.
Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E Rice Krispies Treats!
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats
For Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats
- Melt butter in large sauce pan on low-medium heat until melted.
- Add mini marshmallows; stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a spatula, press the mixture into a 13x9x2″ baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Using a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter coated with cooking spray, press into still-warm treats. Press treats inside of cookie-cutter down with your fingers. Remove cutter and Mickey treat to waxed paper and gently press out treat. Respray Mickey cutter with cooking spray as needed.
- Press scraps together and flatten into the pan again; continue cutting shapes until no more Mickey treats can be cut.
For Dark Chocolate Ears
- Dip Mickey ears into the melted chocolate and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to waxed paper. Repeat until all treats are coated in chocolate. Allow Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!