Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats – your much loved Rice Krispies Treats with a Mickey twist.
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. Yep, this girl is going to Disney World. I absolutely LOVE and ADORE Disney World and Florida. It is my favorite place to be, and I am ridiculously excited. Woohoo!
In honor of my trip and my excitement, this week I am sharing Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats.
I first made these delicious Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats back in June for a birthday party for my cousin’s child. I promised I was going to share them back them, but I committed a blogger foul and forgot to take pictures. Fortunately, I remember this time around. 🙂
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats are your typical and much loved Rice Krispies Treats with the Mickey twist of them being cut into Mickey heads and dipped into dark chocolate for the full Mickey effect.
The Rice Krispies Treats recipe is the tried and true recipe on the cereal box, with the exception that I add a wee-bit more mini marshmallows. This is easier, no need to measure out the marshmallows; you’re using a 10 ounce bag. More importantly, the treats are SO much better this way. You’ll get rave reviews!
To create the Mickey Mouse head you need a Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter. I actually used this Mickey Mouse Sandwich Cutter; it’s really just a glorified cookie cutter. You can absolutely use a Mickey cookie cutter; however, this “sandwich cutter” is thicker, has a nice rim and makes huge Rice Krispies Treats.
To Cut Mickey Mouse Heads
To cut your Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats you’ll need a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, cooking spray, and waxed paper to put your cut out Mickey treats on.
Quick Tip: The key to cutting your Rice Krispies Treats into shapes using a cookie cutter is you need to do it while the Rice Krispies Treats are still warm!
You’ve got your Rice Krispies Treats all smooshed down into a 13x9x2" pan and they are warm because you are doing this immediately after smooshing them into said pan. Now you’ll want to spray your cookie cutter and your fingers with cooking spray to help with the stickiness.
Quick Tip: Cooking spray is your friend. You may need to spray it onto your cookie cutter more than once.
While the treats are still warm, press your cookie cutter into your Rice Krispies Treats. Using your fingers press the cereal down inside the cookie cutter and then gently lift the cutter and Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treat out of the pan. Gently press the treat out of the cutter and onto your waxed paper.
There are no Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats scraps. You’ll cut a few Mickey heads with your cookie cutter and then squish+smoosh the scraps into the uncut Rice Krispies Treats, and then go back to cutting. You’ll keep doing this until there are not enough treats left to cut a shape out of. I had hardly any left, but the amount will depend on the size of your cookie cutter and how good you are at squishing and smooshing your treats.
Quick Tip: You need to be somewhat quick about this, as you want to finish cutting out all your shapes before your Rice Krispies Treats cool. They need to be warm.
Once you’ve cut all your treats into Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats you'll want to let them cool a bit. Once they have cooled it's time to dip the ears into melted chocolate.
For the dark chocolate I used my trusty Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers and Paramount Crystals. The paramount crystals help prevent sugar and fat bloom, but are not crucial to the recipe. Chocolate is very finicky though; I always recommend the paramount crystals.
So, melt your chocolate, dip your Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats and let the chocolate harden.
Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E Rice Krispies Treats!
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats
Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats
Dark Chocolate Ears
- 1 and ½ cups dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 and ½ tablespoons paramount crystals
For Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats
- Melt butter in large sauce pan on low-medium heat until melted.
- Add mini marshmallows; stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a spatula, press mixture into a 13x9x2″ pan coated with cooking spray.
- Using a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter coated with cooking spray, press into still warm treats. Press treats inside of cookie cutter down with your finger. Remove cutter and Mickey treat to waxed paper and gently press out treat. Respray cookie cutter with cooking spray as needed.
- Press scraps together and flatten into pan again. Continue cutting shapes until no more Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats can be cut.
For Dark Chocolate Ears
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats into chocolate and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to waxed paper. Repeat until all treats are coated in chocolate. Allow Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!