Scooby Doo Pa Pa Shots - coconut rum, banana and melon liqueurs, pineapple juice, and whipped cream make these deliciously tropical green shots muy bueno.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
Earlier this year my hubby and I went to Mexico with a big chunk of my family for my cousin's wedding.
We had tons of fun celebrating with the wedding couple, meeting new people, hanging in the pool, getting lost in foam at the foam party, eating too much, and drinking our weight in alcohol. It was a blast!
Our first night in Mexico we were introduced to Scooby Doo Pa Pa Shots and from there on it was everything Scooby Doo Pa Pa. We drank it. We danced to it. We lived it.
Fast forward four months, we decided to get the Mexico clan together, reminisce, party, and of course indulge in Scooby Doo Pa Pa Shots.
These delicious tropical shots are also known as Scooby Snack Shots and are made up of equal parts Malibu Coconut Rum, melon liqueur, banana liqueur, pineapple juice, and whipped cream.
If you're wondering about the whipped cream, you put it in the shaker WITH the alcohol and shake, shake, shake it up. The whipped cream makes it a little milky.
In addition, you can also top your finished shots with additional whipped cream (as photoed) if you're feeling particularly sassy. We left this component out at the Mexico party because it wasn't how we were served in Mexico and we're keeping it real.
Scooby Doo Pa Pa Tips + Tricks
1. If you prefer to make this tropical shot recipe in bulk use an emptied gallon milk jug and add equal parts of all ingredients (including the whipped cream), then shake the jug up to mix all the ingredients together. Serve in shot glasses and top with more whipped cream if desired. Store in the fridge until and between use.
2. When served in bulk (and not serving immediately) the whipped cream will separate from the other ingredients, just shake up your jug/container and it will mix back up.
3. Remember to always drink responsibly! 🙂
Scooby Doo Pa Pa Shots are awesome-sauce delicious with a lovely tropical flavor that will take you (back) on vacation!!
Scooby Doo Pa Pa Shots
- 1 part Malibu Coconut Rum
- 1 part melon liqueur
- 1 part banana liqueur
- 1 part pineapple juice
- 1 part whipped cream¹
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake, shake, shake to mix thoroughly then strain into a shot glass. For added fun, top with more whipped cream. Drink & Enjoy!
I have the same experience! Destination wedding for me son and yup everything revolved around scooby doo . Forward a couple months we are having an I Do BBQ at home for those that didn’t attend. I want to make these shots but in a big dispenser. My question is, will it separate with the whipped cream? Have you tried that? Thanks.
Hi Cindy! Yes, with the whipped cream in the recipe it does separate as it sits. Unless you can pick up the dispenser and shake it up, I'd probably advise against that. I make mine in a milk jug. I keep in the fridge and then when I am going to serve I shake up the jug and then serve. I store in the fridge between servings. It's super delicious and just like in Mexico!! I hope that helps! Have fun at your party!!