9 Sensational Summer Jello Shots – colorful, flavorful jello combined with tropical booze makes these jello shots scream SUMMER; grab your friends and make your taste buds sing. Bottoms Up!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
Say hello to my little friends…and by friends I mean these delightfully-tropical-let-me-grab-my-sunscreen-and-beach-towel-hey-friend-meet-my-boozy-friends-these-flavorful-jello-shots!
My hubby and I have become the go-to bringers of cheese/summer sausage/crackers and jello shots. The cheese/summer sausage combo is because we have a professional slicer, and the jello shots are because we’re good at making them and we always have one-ounce plastic cups on hand.
So anywho, my family had its annual family reunion and we brought jello shots!! The weather in Wisconsin has been pretty steamy so far (YES!!), so I thought I would stick to summery tropical flavors. Also, since we’re the go-to-bringers, we try to outdo ourselves each time. Thus for the family reunion this year I had nine different flavors with a whopping 200+ jello shots total. 🙂
9 Sensational Summer Jello Shots Table of Contents
- Bahama Mama Jello Shots
- Sex On The Beach Jello Shots
- Rummy Bears Jello Shots
- Pina Colada Jello Shots
- Dreamsicle Jello Shots
- Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots
- Lemon Drop Jello Shots
- Purple People Eater Jello Shots
- 5 Tips + Tricks for Making Summer Jello Shots
- Like This? Then You'll Also Love These!
Bahama Mama Jello Shots
Bahama Mama Jello Shots are the family fan favorite! It was the first to go both because the lid said “BM” and my family has a sick sense of humor AND because watermelon jello, Malibu Coconut Rum, and peach schnapps tastes like watermelon jolly ranchers.
Sex On The Beach Jello Shots
Sex On The Beach Jello Shots are another favorite, once again because my family has an interesting sense of humor and because of the rocking tropical flavors! Hello, cranberry juice, orange jello, Malibu Coconut Rum, and vodka.
Rummy Bears Jello Shots
Rummy Bears Jello Shots are delicious but also exciting with their surprise gummy bear inside. You can’t go wrong with a gummy bear inside of a jello shot made up of pineapple jello, wild strawberry vodka, and Malibu Coconut Rum. You just can’t.
Side Note: Sky Wild Strawberry Vodka smells heavenly!! Also, if you love the Rummy Bears Jello Shots, you'll LOVE Rummy Bears 2.0 Jello Shots.
Jello Shot Recipe Tip: The gummy bears can be added before or after you add the liquid/alcohol jello mixture to your 1-ounce plastic cups. I add mine first so I can kind of smoosh them onto the bottom standing up in hopes that will stick a bit and stay standing. They will melt a little bit if you stick them in while your liquid jello is still warm, but it's just a bit and they still turn out great.
Pina Colada Jello Shots
Pina Colada Jello Shots are my personal favorite. You can’t go wrong with pineapple jello, Malibu Coconut Rum, and triple-sec (an orange-flavored liqueur) in my book. Plus it just makes you want to relax and have another. #justsaying #sarahsaysrelax
Dreamsicle Jello Shots
Dreamsicle Jello Shots are a go-to of mine. They are orange which is fitting for Halloween, another holiday we tend to make jello shots for and because they are positively dreamy with orange jello, vanilla vodka, and triple-sec. Isn’t everything dreamy that is Dreamsicle flavor?
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
Bomb Pop Jello Shots
My Bomb Pop Jello Shots are a bit misleading because they don’t look like a bomb pop. Technically the recipe should be made with cherry jello but I am a big fan of black cherry jello and therefore mine are dark. You can use cherry or black cherry jello, either way these shots pop with lemon vodka and blue curacao.
Lemon Drop Jello Shots
Lemon Drop Jello Shots are also one of my personal favorites. I am old school and still enjoy a lemon drop shot now and again. The jello shot version made up of lemon jello, lemon vodka, and triple-sec tastes very much the same as the alcohol shot version but without the sticky lemon covered in sugar!
Purple People Eater Jello Shots
OK, so Purple People Eater Jello Shots don’t exactly sound like summer or tropical. In fact, it makes me think of Little Monsters. Does anyone else remember that movie with Fred and Ben Savage? I remember seeing it in the theater...did I just age myself?!
Nonetheless, the Purple People Eater Jello Shots are another go-to for me; they’re tasty and are also very fitting for Halloween. Fortunately, they are still fitting for summer as they’re packed with grape jello, watermelon pucker, and vodka.
5 Tips + Tricks for Making Summer Jello Shots
1. If making multiple jello shot flavors boil several cups of water at at time. Pour 1 cup of boiling water into a large glass measuring cup, and then return pot to continue to boil until ready for next jello shot recipe.
2. Using the smaller boxes (3-ounces) of jello makes it easier to make multiple flavors, however, you can use the larger boxes of jello (6-ounces) and just double the recipe. The 3-ounces make about 20 jello shots and the 6-ounce would be about 40 jello shots.
3. These one-ounce plastic cups with lids are AWESOME! There is nothing better for making jello shots and they can also be used as disposable shot glasses. If you use a larger plastic cup than 1-ounce the jello shot recipe won't change just fill the cup to your desired level.
4. To get jello shots out of the cup, use your tongue or finger, or use the lid of the cup like a spoon. I've heard people use cooking spray but this doesn't appeal to me, but feel free to give that a whirl.
Jello Shots never tasted so good with these tropical 9 Sensational Summer Jello Shots! Remember to always drink/eat responsibly! 🙂
9 Sensational Summer Jello Shots
Sex On The Beach
Purple People Eater
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces grape jello
- ⅓ cup vodka
- ⅓ cup watermelon pucker
- Boil water. Pour one cup of boiling water into a large glass measuring cup.
- Pour in jello and mix until jello is dissolved. Mix in alcohol.
- Pour into 1-ounce plastic cups.
- Refrigerate until jello is solid; once solid cap with plastic lids for easy transport. Eat & Enjoy!