Patriotic Chocolate Pretzel Sticks - delicious butter spinzel pretzel sticks dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled with mini red, white, and blue star quins; a very patriotic sweet and salty treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
I have a bit of a crush on chocolate covered pretzels. There is just something about the sweet and salty that satisfies my tastebuds. Nevermind the fact that they are super-duper EASY!!
With Memorial Day and July 4th fast on the horizon, I've added Patriotic Chocolate Pretzel Sticks.
Patriotic Chocolate Pretzel Sticks utilize butter spinzels. If you're wondering what a spinzel is, it's a braided pretzel stick; the butter version makes a very flavorful pretzel.
The chocolate used in Patriotic Chocolate Pretzel Sticks is CandiQuik Chocolate, which I adore for melting chocolate and can be purchased at Walmart. They even have a vanilla version, which I use for my white chocolate needs.
Chocolate Melting Tips
The key to melting chocolate is low & slow, no water or alcohol, and chocolate chips are not for melting.
Low & Slow. Heat chocolate slowly and stir slowly. You do not want to over-heat chocolate, and in the same respect, you cannot over-stir chocolate.
No Water or Alcohol. Chocolate seizes up if it gets wet. This is also why not all food coloring is suitable for coloring white chocolate.
No Chocolate Chips. Chocolate chips are designed to hold their shape, not to melt. Use baking chocolate or cocoa-flavored candy wafers for melting.
Patriotic Chocolate Pretzel Sticks are festive and fun while being easy and delicious! 😍 🤤
Patriotic Chocolate Pretzel Sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, break up chocolate squares for easier melting. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15-second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip pretzel sticks into chocolate and lightly shake to remove excess chocolate.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate covered pretzel sticks with mini red, white, and blue star quins.
- Place dipped and decorated chocolate covered pretzel sticks on your lined baking sheet until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!
Shop This Recipe