Mummy Pretzel Bites – white chocolate covered pretzel snaps with royal icing eyeballs that stare through to your soul; a sweet and salty, trouble-free, tasty, Halloween mummy treat.
I can’t believe Halloween is here. October flew by on a witch’s broomstick. I suppose when you spend the month moving and working on your eBook that is bound to happen. Speaking of my eBook, Sarah’s Truffle Studio is NOW available for pre-sale! Woot-Woot!
I am SO super stoked about it that I can hardly contain myself! I hope you are as excited about it as I am! If you pre-order you can get a discount – SAVE $3 with coupon code PRESAVE3!
Now back to the witching hour, Mummy Pretzel Bites. This little mummy snack is perfect for Halloween and is super fun and easy for the kids and for you. Also, I am pretty sure that white chocolate and pretzels might be the best sweet-salty treat ever! #justsaying
For these too cute Mummy Pretzel Bites you’ll need pretzel snaps, white chocolate, and royal icing eyes. For the white chocolate, I use Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers. I LOVE Ghirardelli! For the royal icing eyes, I make my own. I make royal icing eyes whenever I have left over royal icing (which is always). You can also purchase them.
So, how do you make these Mummy Pretzel Bites? Easy-peasy.
- pretzel snaps
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- 1 tablespoon paramount crystals¹
- royal icing eyes
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate melting wafers and 1 tablespoon of paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Dip pretzel snaps into melted chocolate using a fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper and immediately add royal icing eyes. Allow Mummy Pretzel Bites to sit until chocolate hardens.
- Using a fork or drizzling tool, drizzle white chocolate onto Mummy Pretzel Bites to resemble a mummy; be careful not to cover the eyes. Allow to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!
Mummy Pretzel Bites should be stored in an airtight container; will keep 7+ days.
¹ Optional: Paramount crystals help keep chocolate shiny and smooth, as well as alleviate sugar bloom and fat bloom. You do not need them, but they are recommended.