Football Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats – combine your love for chocolate, Rice Krispies, and football with these easy and delicious football Cocoa Krispies treats.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
I can’t believe it is Labor Day weekend already. Where did this year go? My hubby and I are going to spend some time with his parents this weekend. I am hoping to get in one last hurrah before our beautiful 80-degree weather decides to go into winter hibernation. What are your Labor Day plans?
Fall begins after Labor Day for me, never mind its official September date. As I mentioned in Reese’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread, I am not ready for the fall season this year. It seems like it steamrolled its way in; I hardly remember summer happening. Fortunately, I do have fall favorites I am looking forward to, including football season, apple picking, and Halloween.
Let’s talk football! It’s that time of year again; time to cheer on your favorite football team to victory! As a born and raised Wisconsinite, I’ll be cheering for my beloved Green Bay Packers! Of course with football comes delicious football food, because you can’t cheer on your favorite team without it!
Today’s Football Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats are a perfect treat for cheering on your favorite team! You'll need a football cookie cutter, but the recipe is a cinch and the delish outcome will have your friends and family cheering for more!
Detailed step-by-step instructions for how to cut Rice Krispies Treats with a cookie cutter are available for you at Mickey Mouse Rice Krispies Treats; the cookie cutter is different but the method is the same. Plus there are a few quick tips that you may find handy! Yay, quick tips!
Snap, crackle, and pop your team to victory with these Football Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats!
Who are you rooting for this football season?
Football Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
- Melt butter in large sauce pan on low-medium heat until melted.
- Add mini marshmallows; stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S Cocoa Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a spatula, press the mixture into a 13x9″ pan coated with cooking spray.
- Using a football cookie cutter coated with cooking spray, press into still-warm treats. Press treats inside of the cookie cutter down with your finger. Remove the cutter and football treat to waxed paper and gently press out the treat. Respray cookie cutter with cooking spray as needed.
- Press scraps together and flatten into pan again. Continue cutting until no more footballs can be cut.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until white chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour white chocolate into a pastry bag with a #00 decorating tip or a sandwich bag with a very small hole snipped in the corner, just big enough for the chocolate to come out. Pipe laces onto Football Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats. Let treats stand until set. Eat & Enjoy!