Bite-Size Walnut Brownies – stress-free, homemade brownies that have the perfect amount of cakey, chewy, chocolatey, fudgy, and chopped walnuts; it’s the complete package in homemade brownies.
I am going to be straight with you. I like box mix brownies. They’re the perfect texture and amount of cakey, chocolatey, and fudgy that I crave in a brownie. So I was pleasantly surprised when I made Bite-Size Walnut Brownies, a from homemade brownie that will knock your socks off (it did mine).
Bite-Size Walnut Brownies are a recipe I discovered in an All You magazine, which is no longer being published. I made them with little hope that they would be as good as my beloved box mix brownies, but low and behold they were positively wonderful!
Bite-Size Walnut Brownies are the flawless marriage of cake and fudge. They’re fluffy and airy like cake, but chocolatey and fudgy like fudge. They’re not box mix brownies, but they’re not as dense as your typical homemade brownies either. They’re the impeccable combo of both, and they’re drool worthy!
Bite-Size Walnut Brownies are soft, chewy, and loaded with chopped walnuts; they’re texture perfect.
These bite-sized bad boys are beyond easy to make. They utilize very few ingredients and all easy to find. You could even mix these brownies by hand (something I never do – I am lazy like that). There is absolutely nothing complicated about this brownie, and yet you aren’t compromising on quality. These made from scratch brownies are DELICIOUS!!
Bite-Size Walnut Brownies have easily become my go-to brownie recipe and I am certain they’ll become yours too!
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil, leaving an overhang on opposite sides. Lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine the chocolate chips and butter in a medium heatproof bowl. Fill a medium saucepan with about two inches of water and place over low-medium heat. Place the bowl over the saucepan and let the mixture melt, stirring continuously until it is shiny and smooth.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on medium speed, about a minute or until thick. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix just until combined.
- Add chocolate mixture and vanilla extract; stir well. Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Spread evenly into prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies; if it comes out slightly moist with batter it is done. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Once brownies are completely cooled, lift up the ends of the parchment paper or foil liner, and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into bite-size squares. Eat & Enjoy!
Store Bite-Size Walnut Brownies in an airtight container; will keep for 3+ days.