Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies – soft, chewy, generously chocolate cookies with chocolate, chocolate, dark chocolate chips, AND peppermint crunch chips; a chocolate lovers festive dream!
I am SO super excited to be sharing today’s, Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies. This recipe has been burning a hole in my pocket since I made it back in November. I’ve had to hold onto it because it is a part of The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!
The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap is a slew of awesome food bloggers swapping cookies in the name of the holidays, our love for cookies, and Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Oh, and of course to share our delish recipes with YOU, our readers!
These Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies, aka chocolate lovers dream, made their way to A Farm Girl’s Dabbles, Strawberry Blondie Kitchen, and Tara’s Multicultural Table. In return I received delicious Banana Bread Butterscotch Chip Biscotti from BakingBandit, Guava Paste Cookies from Thyme and Passion, and Rosemary Shortbread with Sea Salt from Lebluegrass!
Participating in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap has been AWESOME! If you’re a food blogger I highly suggest participating next year! It’s a real treat! The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap along with its brand partners OXO, Land-O-Lakes, and Dixie Crystals also supports a great cause, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer. And boy, if you want to see some beautiful cookies, #fbcookieswap!
Aaah! I am just so excited! Back to Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies!
Today is the day along with that slew of food blogger participants that we get to finally share our cookie swap creations, and mine are Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies! These, I think I may have died and gone to heaven, cookies are LOADED with chocolate. They’ve got cocoa powder, chocolate fudge pudding mix, and dark chocolate chips!
Yes, you heard correctly! Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate!
And if that’s not enough for you, I gave these delightfully soft and chewy cookies a touch of festive holiday spirit with the addition of Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips, which is kind of like more chocolate with a touch of peppermint flavor. It’s divine!
So without further ado, because let’s face it some of you have been waiting weeks for this recipe, and YOU definitely are going to want to add this to your holiday menu, Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 packet chocolate fudge instant pudding mix¹
- 1 and 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup peppermint crunch baking chips
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add cocoa and pudding mix; mix on low speed until combined. Add flour mixture; mix on low speed until combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and peppermint crunch baking chips.
- Scoop dough into heaping tablespoon rounds, or use a #40 disher to scoop balls of dough.
- Place balls of dough on a tray or cookie sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Do not bake cookies without chilling as they are prone to spreading.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place rounds of dough on a silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges have set. Mine baked perfect at 10 minutes. Do not overbake, which is easy to do with chocolate cookies.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 8 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies should be stored in an airtight container and will keep 6+ days.
¹ You want a 3.7-3.9 ounce package of instant pudding mix NOT sugar-free or cook & serve.
P.S. I apologize for being overly excited and the over use of exclamation points. Some recipes will just do that to you! 😉