Caramel Pecan Turtles - soft gooey caramel, sweet white chocolate, and toasted pecan nutty goodness.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
We are in difficult and uncertain times. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t sad, scared, and extremely anxious because I very much am. I am trying to be hopeful; that has been difficult.
I know many of us are in the same boats, with social distancing, of course.
I want to try to keep Sarah's Bake Studio hopeful and happy because that’s what I think we all could use right now.
What’s more hopeful and happy that Caramel Pecan Turtles?
I made these delicious chocolate candies before the pandemic, and I really wish I had some right now.
They are a fantastic way to drown one's feelings in soft caramel, white chocolate, toasted pecans, and a light drizzle of milk or dark chocolate.
Luckily, they’re easy to make and have only 4-ingredients. Woohoo!
These are all easy ingredients you can find in your local grocery store, nobody should be hoarding them. You can also get them online and have them delivered, which is totally what I am going to do to make another batch.
You’ll be toasting the pecans in your oven, and then arranging them in clusters. Then you’ll be doing a quick bake (2-minutes-ish) to melt the caramel on top of your pecan clusters. You follow that with melting white chocolate and placing a dollop onto each cluster, and then melting chocolate and drizzling on top. Allow for the chocolate to set, and then voila, you’ve got homemade Caramel Pecan Turtles.
Baking reduces stress and right now we could ALL use a little less stress, so make yourself some of these super-duper delicious, stress-relieving Caramel Pecan Turtles.*
* I can’t promise they will relieve stress, but I can promise you will enjoy eating them!
Caramel Pecan Turtles
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper/Silpat mat. Arrange pecan halves on prepared sheet in a single layer and bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Allow toasted pecan halves to cool before handling. Arrange toasted pecans on the baking sheet into 15 clusters and place a caramel on each cluster.
- Bake 2-3 minutes, or until caramels are melted. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, add white chocolate melting wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 20 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15-second increments until chocolate wafers are completely melted. In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate melting wafers in the same manner.
- Dollop a teaspoon of melted white chocolate onto each caramel pecan cluster. Using a fork or drizzling tool, drizzle melted chocolate over the clusters.
- Allow Caramel Pecan Turtles to set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Bring to room temperature before serving. Eat & Enjoy!