Polar Bear Paws – an enchanting love affair with roasted salted peanuts, ooey-gooey caramel, and rich white chocolate; homemade sweet and salty chocolates never tasted SO GOOD!!
The new year has already been a rough one. We’re not that many days in and my husband has been fighting a killer cold, while I’ve been struggling daily with my brain trying to burst out of my head. It’s been a REAL bitch; I wouldn’t wish migraines on my worst enemy (I don’t think). Despite the evil health setback, we both continue to push forward with high hopes for a fabulous year!
Do you set new year’s resolutions for yourself?
I don’t make new year’s resolutions. I set goals; maybe that’s the same thing. I set goals that I want to accomplish throughout the year. Setting yearly goals for myself has done me well. I set business goals, personal goals, travel goals, life goals, etc. I am a goal digger, what can I say?
One of my many goals for this year is to be more diligent with my blog posting. I want to be more organized. I want to post more. I want to be less of a fly by the seat of my pants blogger. I don’t expect this to happen overnight, especially when I am being riddled with migraines, but it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
What goals or resolutions have you set for yourself this year? Can we help each other achieve our goals?
And now that I’ve bounced all over the place like a fly by the seat of my pants blogger, let’s talk Polar Bear Paws.
Polar Bear Paws are simply the BEST homemade chocolate candy EVER!! There is seriously nothing better until the next awesomely delicious, BEST, sweet I share with you! That’s kind of how it works when you’re a foodie or a dessert blogger. Isn’t that great?
All joking aside though, Polar Bear Paws are a delightful mix of sweet and salty, salty roasted peanuts coupled with heavenly caramel and rich white chocolate. You can’t go wrong with peanuts, caramel, and white chocolate; they’re the triple threat of ingredients mashed together in a melt-in-your-mouth homemade chocolate treat.
Plus, they’re so NOT difficult to make. It’s a win-win all around!!
I LOVE-LOVE these Polar Bear Paws! You’ll LOVE-LOVE these Polar Bear Paws! They’re just too great to not have a love affair with them, and don’t we totally deserve a good love affair with white chocolate?
The sweet and salty fan in you (and me) will not be able to get enough of these Polar Bear Paws, even if eating them in the truckloads goes against your (my) new year’s goals. 😉
- 11 ounces of caramel¹
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 12 ounces vanilla bark or white chocolate melting wafers
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add caramel and heavy whipping cream. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until smooth.
- Add peanuts to caramel mixture and let stand to cool for about 15 minutes; stirring incrementally.
- Using a spoon or #50 disher, scoop caramel-peanut mixture in tablespoon rounds onto lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 30-60 minutes or until set.²
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate melting wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until white chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip caramel-peanut cluster into melted white chocolate using a fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper or silpat mat and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes or until chocolate is set. Eat & Enjoy!
Polar Bear Paws should be stored in an airtight container; will keep for 5+ days.
¹ I used Peter's Caramel, but Kraft Caramel Bits or Squares would also be sufficient.
² If caramel-peanut clusters are not setting, place in freezer for 15-20 minutes. You can also keep in freezer between dipping each cluster into white chocolate.