Christmas M&M's Cookies in a Jar - an uncomplicated, enjoyable, and delicious mason jar cookies homemade Christmas gift.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
I decided to whip these up for family and friends this year and it's been wildly successful. They've been embraced with joy and merriment and the receivers haven't even eaten them yet.
Christmas M&M's Cookies in a Jar is a GREAT gift for you to give because it's easy-peasy to make and it's fun too. You could even get the kiddos involved in putting this homemade gift together. How great is that?
Another AWESOME fact, this mason jar Christmas gift is beyond easy for the receiver to make. They simply dump the entire contents of the mason jar into a bowl, add the three wet ingredients, mix, and bake.
They could even leave out the vanilla extract if they are non-bakers. Everyone has butter and eggs, right?
Lastly, and this is arguably the BEST feature of this mason jar cookies gift, they are SCRUMPTIOUS!!
Seriously, they are really good M&M's Cookies. I was a little surprised considering it's a cookie that gets dumped into a bowl. It really doesn't get any easier than that when baking from scratch. The cookie dough doesn't even need to be refrigerated.
Christmas M&M's Cookies in a Jar, a delightful homemade Christmas gift that is AMAZING to give and WONDERFUL to receive!
Christmas M&M's Cookies in a Jar
Dry Ingredients in Jar
Wet Ingredients Added By Recipient
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To Make Jars
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Using a spoon, add to 32-ounce Mason Jar.
- Next, layer the packed brown sugar on top of the flour mixture, followed by the granulated sugar on top of that.
To Bake M&M's Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter, egg, and vanilla on high speed until combined. It is OK if it is not completely combined, it will come together more with the dry ingredients.
- Add all jar ingredients to wet ingredients; mix on low speed until combined.
- Scoop dough into tablespoon rounds and place on an ungreased baking sheet or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for a few minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!