2018 Cookbook Gift Guide For Bakers - features 15 extraordinary cookbooks that every baker MUST-HAVE.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
The 2018 Cookbook Gift Guide For Bakers is here!!
I absolutely LOVE dessert cookbooks. They're so pretty with all their colorful pages of tantalizing desserts. They also provide tons of baking inspiration. I have recipes I want to bake for days, months, and years!!
This awesome-sauce list of 15 exceptionally spectacular dessert cookbooks will have you (or your gift receiver) learning new tips and techniques, baking up a storm, and admiring dessert beauty.
2018 Cookbook Gift Guide For Bakers
1. Out of the Box Holiday Baking, Hayley Parker. Created by Hayley of The Domestic Rebel, Out of the Box Holiday Baking will make your holiday baking easier with delicious and easy doctored holiday desserts. Aren't the Christmas trees on the cover swoon-worthy?
2. The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook, Lindsay Landis. I've been coveting this cookbook ever since Lindsay of Love & Olive Oil created it. A cookbook filled with cookie dough recipes makes me drool just thinking about it. If you love cookie dough this is totally the cookbook for you!
3. Better Homes and Gardens Baking, BHG. I am not sure there are any Better Homes and Gardens dessert cookbooks I wouldn't recommend. I own and love BHG Biggest Book of Cookies so naturally, this baking book would HAVE to make it into my collection and should make it into yours. Seriously, with more than 350 recipes I don't have time to say more. I need to get baking.
4. Sally's Cookie Addiction, Sally McKenney. Sally, of Sally's Baking Addiction, has done it again and this time with cookies! Her first cookbook made it onto my 2014 Must-Have Cookbooks list, and now her third book has made it onto the 2018 list. If you haven't already gotten this one, you MUST. You'll be baking cookies like a pro and eating them like cookie monster. Oh, and the recipe photos are FABULOUS!
5. Make It with a Cake Mix, Lizzy Early. I ♥ baking with cake mix, and Lizzy of Your Cup of Cake knows how to do it right. Her cake mix desserts are AMAZING, nobody will know your delish desserts weren't made from scratch, but you'll know you didn't slave all day in the kitchen to create them.
6. The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook, Jennifer Appel and Allysa Torey. Are you as obsessed with Magnolia's frosting swirl as I am? It's gorgeous, and their cupcakes, excuse me while I clean up my drool. If you want to recreate some of their signature desserts than you NEED this cookbook. I know I do.
7. The Boozy Baker, Lucy Baker. I am pretty sure the only thing that can make desserts better is boozy desserts, which is why everyone needs this cookbook in their repertoire. Enough said.
8. The Perfect Cookie, America's Test Kitchen. America's Test Kitchen is another dessert cookbook author that is the gold standard. The tips and techniques in this book will have you baking like a pro, and the recipes are perfection.
9. The Cookie Companion, Georganne Bell. Have you seen cookies by Georganne from Lila Loa? They're AMAZING! Having a book authored by her and seeing how she does it is AWESOME, using her cookie artist knowledge to decorate your own cookies, even better.
10. Magnolia Table, Joanna Gaines. Admittedly this is NOT strictly a dessert cookbook. It does contain desserts but it also contains cooking recipes. If I said that weird, it's because I. DO. NOT. COOK., but it's Joanna Gaines and that's enough for me. I love her and Chip, and the book is just gorgeous. So yeah, it made the list.
11. Easy Baking From Scratch, Eileen Gray. I don't prefer baking from scratch and I rarely think it's easy, but Eileen makes it so. She'll have you perfecting your baking skills and whipping up over 100 scratch baking recipes in no time.
12. Cravings: Hungry For More, Chrissy Teigen. How much do you love Chrissy? Yes, her non-baking cookbook made my list too. In similar Magnolia fashion, her book is gorgeous, and she's crazy down-to-earth, which makes me want this cookbook in itself. Nevermind if you actually want to cook better or learn a few wicked delicious recipes than Chrissy totally has you covered with this one.
13. BraveTart: Iconic American Desserts, Stella Parks. I am always looking to expand my baking abilities and try new dessert recipes, and BraveTart will help you do just that. The book is not just a cookbook, it's a work of art.
14. Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy, Alice Medrich. The title of this cookbook alone made me want it. The fact that it's organized by texture just makes me giddy (I am a texture girl). You'll learn to put fun twists on classic desserts and just expand your baking recipe box in general.
15. Sensational Buttercream Decorating, Carey Madden. If eating buttercream with a spoon wasn't frowned upon I probably would. If you're into decorating with buttercream, you NEED this book. This book will teach you how to decorate with buttercream in the most beautiful possible ways.