White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies – a perfect combo of white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts packed into a chewy, bursting-with-flavor cookie.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
I fell in love with macadamia nuts when I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii. Our resort gifted us with Hawaiian Host Maui Caramacs, and we were in love. They are positively delicious. There is just something about macadamia nuts, caramel, and chocolate that knocks your socks off.
I’d tell you when I fell in love with white chocolate but I can’t quite pinpoint it. I guess it doesn’t carry the lovely weight of a Hawaiian honeymoon with it.
Each bite of these delightful cookies is filled with Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips (my favorite) and macadamia nuts. They are slightly salty from the salted macadamia nuts but also sweet from the rich and creamy white chocolate chips.
These rich-nutty cookies are chewy but also crunchy from the nuts. The white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts combo creates a brilliant texture with an almost caramelized flavor. My hubby doesn’t taste the caramel flavor, so you’ll have to be the judge of that.
All in all, they have an excellent marriage of textures and flavors; white chocolate and macadamia nuts BELONG together!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are a spin on the Milk Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, courtesy of BHG’s Biggest Book of Cookies. You’re substituting the milk chocolate chips and walnuts for white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts; it’s that easy-peasy.
These macadamia cookies are made with both butter and shortening. I really like this fatty combo because the shortening discourages the dough from spreading and provides a soft texture, and the butter aids in the delicious flavor. It’s definitely a combo I intend to use in future cookie doughs.
Now I could go on and on about my love affair with these delectable cookies, but I think you should just bake them and take a scrumptious bite yourself; that would be so much better.
Take a bite out of paradise with White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. Mahalo.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and shortening on medium speed. Add sugars and baking soda; mix until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly add flour to wet ingredients; mix just until combined.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake. Mine baked perfect at 10 minutes. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on a baking sheet on a wire rack for 1 minute; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!