White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies – a perfect combo, white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts, packed into a chewy, bursting with flavor, cookie; take a bite out of paradise.
I fell in love with macadamia nuts when I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii (11 years ago). There is just something about macadamia nuts, caramel, and chocolate that knocks your socks off (if you were wearing socks…it IS Hawaii). I’d tell you when I fell in love with white chocolate but that I can’t quite pin point. I guess it doesn’t carry the lovely weight of Hawaii with it.
Creamy white chocolate and macadamia nuts is bliss but White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies is paradise. Each bite of White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies is filled with Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips (my fav chocolate) and macadamia nuts. The cookies are slightly salty from the salted macadamia nuts but also sweet from the rich and creamy white chocolate chips.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are chewy but also crunchy from the nuts. The white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts combo creates a brilliant texture with an almost caramelized flavor. My hubby doesn’t taste the caramel flavor, so you’ll have to be the judge of that.
All in all, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies have an excellent marriage of textures and flavors; white chocolate and macadamia nuts belong together.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are a spin on the Milk Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, courtesy of BHG’s Biggest Book of Cookies. You’re substituting the milk chocolate chips and walnuts for white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts; it’s that easy-peasy.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are made with both butter and shortening. I really like this fatty combo because the shortening discourages the dough from spreading and provides a soft texture (you know if the cookies didn’t have 1 and ½ cups of nuts in them), and the butter aids in delicious flavor. It’s definitely a combo I intend to use in future cookie dough’s.
Now I could go on and on about my love affair with white chocolate and macadamia nuts or how delectable these White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are, BUT I think you should just bake them and take a scrumptious bite yourself, that would be so much better.
Bake yourself paradise with White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies! Mahalo!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and shortening on medium speed. Add sugars and baking soda; mix until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly add flour to wet ingredients; mix just until combined.
- Gently fold in white chocolate chips and macadamia nut pieces.
- Scoop dough into heaping tablespoon balls, or use a #50 disher to scoop balls of dough. Place on a ungreased baking sheet, or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake. Mine baked perfect at 10 minutes. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 1 minute; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies should be stored in an airtight container and will keep 3+ days or freeze up to 3 months.