White Chocolate Carrot Cake Cookies – shredded carrots and rich white chocolate chips packed into a soft and chewy lightly carrot flavored cookie. A delicious carrot cake cookie for the carrot cake lover!
Summer is officially here! At least that is what the calendar says. It’s hard to tell in Wisconsin, especially after the longest winter EVER and no spring. Actually, I think June might be our spring. Anywho…I think the real measure of summer may be the jam-packed weekends ahead. We’ve got 5K runs, birthday parties, a family reunion, and non-stop festivals. Summerfest, WI State Fair, Zoo-Ala-Carte, anyone?
This weekend we have our first summer birthday party. It’s my cousin’s daughter’s first birthday. They are coupling the birthday party with an outdoor family cookout, which is sure to be filled with laughs, bags tournaments, and other shenanigans.
I’ve been tasked to make birthday treats to the birthday theme of Mickey Mouse Club. I am super stoked because I finally got to purchase some coveted Mickey Mouse baking tools, mainly this and these. For now, I am staying tight-lipped on the Mickey treats, but I’ll be sharing them in the Gallery and on Facebook.
Speaking of summer…White Chocolate Carrot Cake Cookies. Yes, I know. I am unbelievably good at segueing into topics. 😉
Personally, I don’t think summer and White Chocolate Carrot Cake Cookies are BFFs. I see Carrot Cake more as a fall dessert. Carrot Cake lovers of the world united though and have told me otherwise. I’ve been informed that Carrot Cake is an anytime flavor and dessert.
These cookies are a carrot cake batter cookie filled with shredded carrots and white chocolate chips. They're soft and chewy with the soft and subtle flavor of carrot and the rich and smooth flavor of white chocolate chips. It’s really a carrot cake lover’s dream.
These cookies are not complicated to make. They utilize traditional cookie ingredients: flour, baking soda, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, an egg, and the addition of carrot boxed cake mix, shredded carrots, and white chocolate chips. Mmm…if your mouth is watering and you’re envisioning tasty White Chocolate Carrot Cake Cookies then I am totally with you!
White Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake Cookies are delicious if you love carrot cake, but even non-carrot cake lovers will love these cookies. They were a big hit at my husband’s work. Men actually asked for this recipe! I guess it’s a good thing I write a blog where I share my recipes. 😉
White Chocolate Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 and ¼ cup carrot boxed cake mix
- 1 and ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots*
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together boxed cake mix, flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add egg and vanilla extract; mix until creamy.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix just until combined. Do NOT over-mix batter. Fold in shredded carrots* and white chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for a minimum of one hour. Refrigeration makes dough easier to manage and helps cookie dough from over-spreading.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Scoop chilled dough into tablespoon balls, and place on a ungreased baking sheet, or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet. Keep dough chilled in between batches.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned. Mine baked perfect at 11 minutes. Cookies may be soft in the middle, but will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!