Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms – your favorite peanut butter cookie dressed to impress for Valentine’s Day with pink and red sanding sugar, heart quins, and a rich and creamy Dove Heart Promises chocolate.
The burning question of the hour is, do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?
My hubby and I met on AOL before online dating was a thing. We chatted online, then via the phone, and went on our first date on Valentine’s Day. I was beyond nervous for this date because the crazy in me was anxious about if he was going to bring me Valentine’s flowers and who was going to pay for the date. I didn’t care if he did or didn’t just that I didn’t want it to be awkward.
We officially became a couple shortly after and every year up until we got married, we visited Door County on Valentine’s Day. Now that we’ve been married for many moons, we don’t get into Valentine’s Day as much as we did during our dating years. Some years we exchange cards or go to dinner, and other years we’d rather save for a vacation or the house we’re trying to build.
I don’t know how we’ll be celebrating Valentine’s Day this year, but I know one thing for sure, these Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms are AMAZING!!
Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms are your favorite peanut butter cookie dressed to impress for Valentine’s Day! You start with a super delicious peanut butter dough that’s scooped into ever-so-perfect balls of dough and rolled into your choice of pink or red sanding sugar or mini heart quins. You can’t go wrong with this peanut butter cookie recipe (first seen in Peanut Butter Candy Pumpkin Blossoms) or the deco process. It’s family-friendly and your kids will love decorating these cookies and your floor with sanding sugar and sprinkles.
Next, you bake these sweet dreams to cookie perfection. You don’t want to overbake them. We want our peanut butter cookies to be soft and chewy and the best thing since peanut butter and chocolate. As soon as you remove them from the oven, top each one off with a smooth and creamy Dove Milk Chocolate Heart Promises or a Dove Dark Chocolate Heart Promises.
I am partial to milk chocolate. My hubby prefers dark chocolate. Which do you prefer?
It doesn’t matter if you’re a milk chocolate fanatic or a dark chocolate connoisseur, Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms will not disappoint. There is simply nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate and that is an absolute fact. You can look it up. 😉
Sweeten up your Valentine’s Day with Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms because nothing says, “Happy Valentine’s Day” like these peanut butter cookies.
- 1 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pink and red sanding sugar
- Dove Dark and Milk Chocolate Heart Promises
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; beat on low speed until combined.
- Scoop dough into 1" rounds, or use a #60 disher to scoop balls of dough. Roll balls in sanding sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Immediately remove cookies and press Dove Heart Promises into the tops of the cookies.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Valentine Peanut Butter Blossoms should be stored in an airtight container and will keep 3+ days.