Tuxedo Oreo Truffles – your favorite Oreo Truffles, crushed Oreo cookies blended with cream cheese, decorated with black and white chocolate, and given a fun and fancy name; their Oreo Truffles delicious!
As you may or may not know I am kid-less, but I have two nieces I try to spend time with on the regular. This past weekend I took my eldest niece (4) for the weekend while by brother and sister-in-law had some alone time at their cabin. I had her Friday morning until Sunday afternoon which is the longest I’ve EVER spent with a child, and suffice to say it was both enjoyable and HARD.
My niece (god-daughter) is really well-behaved. She is one of the best-behaved kids I’ve ever met, and I am not just saying that because I am bias. We had a lot of fun together, but I am really HAPPY just being Auntie Sarah. Aunts get to do this and more importantly this! 🙂
Who doesn’t love Oreo Truffles? If it’s you then you should probably skip over to this post instead!
Oreo Truffles are a super simple no-bake treat that you, your family, and your friends will LOVE! You crush up regular Oreo cookies (filling and all), mix with cream cheese, create balls, and dip in melted chocolate; the end. It doesn’t get easier than that, but I promise you they are too good for how easy they are!
Tuxedo Oreo Truffles are your basic Oreo Truffle with a black and white twist and a fancy name. Basically dip your Oreo Truffles into white melted chocolate and then top with a chocolate decoration. What you end up with is a chocolate inside, and a white outside topped with chocolate; tada Tuxedo Oreo Truffles.
For my chocolate decoration I melted dark chocolate and used a flower chocolate mold to make cute little chocolate flowers. You can use chocolate sprinkles or chocolate shavings too; whatever floats your boat and tickles your tastebuds!
Tuxedo Oreo Truffles, black and white tuxedo themed Oreo Truffles with a fun and fancy name because it just makes them BETTER! 😉
Tuxedo Oreo Truffles
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, crush Oreo Cookies into crumbs.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together Oreo cookie crumbs and cream cheese; mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), drop balls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate candy wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Dip truffles into melted chocolate using a toothpick, fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper and immediately add chocolate decorations. Allow Tuxedo Oreo Truffles to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!