Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters – a little bit of sweet and salty, a little bit of crunchy, a little chocolate-y, a little gooey caramel, a healthy pecan, and a whole LOT of delightful flavor; you’ll love this stress-free treat!
I absolutely adore Ghirardelli! My favorite is their Peppermint Bark! I could eat a square with every meal. I also love, love, LOVE their Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate Melting Wafers; you’ve probably noticed I am constantly mentioning them in my chocolate posts. It is my love for Ghirardelli and sweet and salty treats that drew me to these Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters.
Before I get into the nitty-gritty of why these Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters are so flipping fantastic, I just want to say that I currently do not work for or with Ghirardelli. My love for their chocolate is one I’ve had since walking into their Downtown Disney store many moons ago. With that being said, I’d LOVE to work with Ghirardelli; Ghirardelli help feed my addiction!! 😉
OK, now back to Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters. If you love Ghirardelli, if you love sweet and salty, if you love turtles (the chocolate-y kind that you eat) than you'll love these Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters! It’s for all of these reasons that I knew I HAD to make Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters by Ghirardelli!
Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters are all sorts of good and very easy to make. You’ll need pretzels; I prefer pretzel snaps. You’ll need Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate and White Chocolate. You’ll need caramel and whole pecans. You melt, you scoop, you stick, you allow setting, and you EAT! It’s really that easy-breezy. I was concerned about the caramel aspect but it wasn’t difficult AT ALL, sticky, but not difficult!
On a side note, I used my Wilton Chocolate Melting Pot that I received for Christmas to melt the chocolate and I absolutely LOVE it. So much so, this happened! It makes chocolate life easier! I also used the Wilton Drizzling Scoop to drizzle chocolate on top. Honestly, it doesn’t seem like it would be better than whipping a chocolate covered fork around, but this baby works like a dream. Get one, you won’t regret it!
Anywho, if you are a sweet and salty fan, love chocolate turtles, love Ghirardelli, want to make something easy, or just like a little sweet treat that won’t make your teeth hurt, these Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters are totally for YOU! They’re SO GOOD!
Oh, and you can get creative and make dark chocolate with white chocolate or vice versa. Winning!!
Turtle Pretzel Candy Clusters
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers
- 24 pretzel snaps
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 teaspoon water
- 24 whole pecans
- ⅓ cup Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate melting wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until dark chocolate is completely melted.
- Scoop a teaspoon of melted dark chocolate onto prepared baking sheet; repeat until you have 24 small circles.
- Gently place one pretzel on top of each circle of melted chocolate.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add unwrapped caramels and water. Microwave on medium heat for 30-45 seconds, or until caramel is melted.
- Scoop a ½ teaspoon of melted caramel on top of each pretzel and top with a whole pecan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate melting wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until white chocolate is completely melted.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over clusters. Let stand until set or chill until firm. Eat & Enjoy!