Strawberry Lemonade Oreo Truffle Pops – the delightfully delicious marriage of strawberry flavored chocolate and Lemon Oreo cookies in a convenient-to-eat truffle pop; a refreshing summer treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
I am in serious awe of the assortment of Oreo cookies available. Have you seen the Oreo cookie aisle? Yes, they practically need their own aisle. Oreo is no longer the standard chocolate sandwich cookie.
Nabsico Oreo now makes the Cookie Dough Oreo, Golden Oreo, Mint Oreo, Berry Oreo, the limited edition Red Velvet Oreo, (Red Velvet Oreo Truffles, anyone?), and the list just keeps on going. It’s really quite awesome if you get excited about that sort of thing, which I do. 😉
Today I am sharing a refreshing summer recipe, Strawberry Lemonade Oreo Truffle Pops. They’ve got strawberry flavor, white chocolate, cream cheese, nonpareils, and the all-important Lemon Oreo Cookie. Yes, I said, Lemon Oreo Cookie!
The Lemon Oreo was first introduced in the 1920s but was discontinued. It was then released in 2012 as a limited edition and returned in 2013. Suffice to say, I am a late beyond-chocolate-sandwich-cookie-Oreo bloomer. I’ve just started to dive into all the Oreo flavors and I LOVE it!
Also, yes, I enjoy useless information, as I like to call it. Someday this will help me and YOU on trivia night!
The lemonade of these Strawberry Lemonade Oreo Truffle Pops comes from the oh-so-deliciously-lemon Lemon Oreo Cookies. The cookie, cream and all, is blended up in a food processor and then mixed up with cream cheese and formed into balls. Ta-da, you’ve got yourself the Lemonade Oreo Truffle.
Oreo Truffles aka Oreo Cookie Balls have become all the rage. They have an extremely short ingredient list, are a ridiculously easy no-bake recipe, and are totally delish! What’s not to like about that?
Next up, you’ll skewer your Lemonade Oreo Truffle balls with a stick, or an adorable paper straw that you cut into thirds. You’ll want to dip the end of your stick into a bit of melted chocolate and then lightly jab the stick into the truffle. The melted chocolate will help secure the stick/adorable paper straw. 😉
I love making these truffle pops because they are just too cute, but also it makes dipping into chocolate way easier!
Now that you’ve got your Lemonade Oreo Truffle Pop, we need to add the strawberry and the chocolate!
The strawberry in these Strawberry Lemonade Oreo Truffle Pops comes from strawberry flavoring added to pink melting wafers. I used LorAnn Strawberry Flavor; you’ll only need a drop or two. You don’t want the strawberry flavor to be overpowering and a little goes a long way with LorAnn.
Quick Tip: You’ll need to use oil-based flavors aka candy flavoring to flavor your chocolate. Alcohol extracts and liqueurs will cause your chocolate to seize. Liquid is a no-no to melted chocolate.
You’ll dip your truffle pops into the strawberry melted chocolate candy wafers, place them on waxed paper, get messy with colorful nonpareils, and let your Strawberry Lemonade Oreo Truffle Pops freak flag fly.
So…what’s your favorite Oreo cookie? Let’s make it into an Oreo Truffle!
Strawberry Lemonade Oreo Truffle Pops
- Line baking sheet with parchment/waxed paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, crush Lemon Oreo Cookies into crumbs.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together Oreo cookie crumbs and cream cheese; mix until combined.
- Using a #50 Disher (1 tablespoon), drop balls onto lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until chocolate is completely melted. Add 1-2 drops of strawberry flavor to melted chocolate; mix until combined.
- Dip one end of each stick into melted chocolate and gently push halfway into each truffle. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Dip truffles into melted chocolate and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to lined baking sheet and immediately add nonpareils. Allow Strawberry Lemonade Oreo Truffle Pops to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!