Shamrock Cookies - magically delicious St. Patrick's Day four-leaf clover cutout sugar cookies frosted with melted green chocolate and topped with lucky white sprinkles.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
St. Patrick’s Day is approaching REAL FAST. Wasn't it just Valentine's Day?
Seriously, do you remember the days of grade school where time couldn’t move any slower? Then you suddenly hit adulthood and time flies by in the blink of an eye. It’s weird and crazy, and honestly, I am not really a fan. How about you?
I digress, I am going off on one of my tangents again; let’s get back to these VERY St. Patrick’s Day cookies, Shamrock Cookies.
I’ve been wanting to make Shamrock Cookies FOREVER!!
These magically delicious decorated cookies are the BEST because they are SO flipping EASY!!
Shamrock Cookies are the lovely marriage of your favorite sugar cookie dough recipe or sugar cookie mix, cut into delightful four-leaf clovers, and frosted with melted green candy melts. For an added festive flair, I peppered mine with lucky white sprinkles.
Don’t they just scream, HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY?
Catch the luck of the Irish with these St. Patrick’s Day (aka St. Patty’s Day) Shamrock Cookies!!
Let's get shamrocked!! 😜🍀
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix together sugar cookie mix, flour, butter, and egg; mix until sugar cookie dough is formed.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges lightly golden.
- Cool unfrosted Shamrock Cookies on a baking sheet on a wire rack for 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add green candy melts. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15-second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Allow Shamrock Cookies to sit until chocolate sets. Eat & Enjoy!