Shamrock Cookies - magically delicious shamrock sugar cookies frosted with melted green chocolate and topped with lucky white sprinkles for VERY St. Patrick’s Day cookies.
St. Patrick’s Day is approaching REAL FAST. Wasn't it just Valentine's Day?
Seriously, do you remember the days of grade school where time couldn’t move any slower? Then you suddenly hit adulthood and time flies by in the blink of an eye. It’s weird and crazy, and honestly, I am not really a fan of time moving so fast. How about you?
I digress, I am going off on one of my tangents again; let’s get back to these VERY St. Patrick’s Day cookies, Shamrock Cookies.
I’ve been wanting to make Shamrock Cookies FOREVER!!
These magically delicious decorated cookies are the BEST because they are SO flipping EASY!!
Shamrock Cookies are the lovely marriage of your favorite sugar cookie dough recipe or sugar cookie mix, cut into delightful shamrocks, and frosted with melted green chocolate. For an added festive flair, I peppered mine with lucky white sprinkles.
Don’t they just scream, HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY?
Catch the luck of the Irish with these St. Patrick’s Day (aka St. Patty’s Day) Shamrock Cookies!!
Let's get shamrocked!! 😜🍀
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix together sugar cookie mix, flour, butter, and egg; mix until sugar cookie dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough. Using a shamrock cookie cutter, cut about ¼” thick shamrock cookies.
- Place cutout Shamrocks on a silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges lightly golden.
- Cool unfrosted Shamrock Cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add green chocolate candy wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15-second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Using an icing spatula frost cookies with melted green chocolate and immediately sprinkle with white sprinkles.
- Allow Shamrock Cookies to sit until chocolate sets. Eat & Enjoy!