Santas Surprise Cookies – a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie stuffed with a SNICKERS Minis and drizzled with melted milk chocolate; a Christmas cookie MUST!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
Once upon a time, I hosted an annual Christmas Cookie Exchange. My mom, sister, aunts, and cousins would come over with a smorgasbord of Christmas cookies and we’d gab about our baking misadventures while exchanging dozens upon dozens of cookies. Everyone would leave with more cookies than necessary, a few good laughs, and a cookbook of all the cookie recipes.
One of the recipes brought to the annual Christmas Cookie Exchange, way back in 2003, was Santas Surprise Cookies. These delicious cookies were made and shared by my Aunt Cathy. I have no idea where she got the recipe from, but it’s a recipe that I’ve always wanted to bake and share with you!
Santas Surprise Cookies are peanut butter cookies stuffed with a SNICKERS Minis candy bar and drizzled with melted chocolate. Any one of those sweets alone is delicious, but together they create a triple threat cookie!
Seriously, are you drooling too?
Santas Surprise Cookies are an easy-peasy cookie to bake, your kiddos can even help you bake these. Plus, with a name like Santa’s Surprise Cookies, you just can’t go wrong with making these treasures during the holiday season.
Now for the downside to Santas Surprise Cookies, this Christmas cookie requires you to chill the dough for a couple of hours. Yeah, chilling the dough can be such a downer, but it’s necessary, and this cookie is SO worth it. Plus, you can use that refrigeration time to unwrap your SNICKERS Minis candy bars and wash dishes. When you’re a baker, there are always dishes.
Santas Surprise Cookies are totally a MUST this and every holiday season! They’re a Christmas cookie that Santa definitely wants waiting for him on Christmas Eve; I can promise you that!
Santas Surprise Cookies
- 3 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- SNICKERS Minis
- 1 cup chocolate candiquik or Dove Milk Chocolate Promises
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add flour mixture; mix on low speed until combined.
- Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Do not bake cookies without chilling as they are prone to spreading
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until edges have set.
- Cool cookies on a baking sheet on a wire rack for 8 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add milk chocolate. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15- second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip a fork or drizzling scoop into melted chocolate and drizzle over cooled cookies. Allow Santas Surprise Cookies to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!