Red Velvet Oreo Truffles – red velvet Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and dark chocolate rolled into an amazing bite-size Oreo truffle of Valentine’s Day goodness.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
Happy almost Valentine’s Day! Today I am going to share a lovely 3-ingredient Valentine’s Day treat you can make and share with your sweetheart, Red Velvet Oreo Truffles.
Oreo's introduction of the Red Velvet Oreo is awesome. You’re now able to combine two favorites, Oreo cookies and red velvet, which of course makes the purrfect Valentine's Day sweet. Meow.
Today’s recipe is super simple; it includes three ingredients and requires very little time. It’s easy-peasy just like my Conversation Heart Pretzel Hugs, and I LOVE easy. Don't we all? All you need for this recipe is Red Velvet Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and dark chocolate. If you are feeling particularly sprinkle-y than you’ll of course want to add sprinkles to your ingredient list.
Step 1 | Food Process Red Velvet Oreo Cookies
The first step in making these Oreo truffles is to crush up the cookies. You'll take the entire Oreo, cream and all, put them in a food processor, and pulverize them into crumbs. I have this cute 3-cup mini food processor that works perfectly. It's easy to use and clean and works for all my Oreo truffle recipes.
Step 2 | Mix Red Velvet Oreo Crumbs and Cream Cheese
Next you're going to mix your cookie crumbs and cream cheese together. I use my trusty KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer to do this because I love it and my arms are weak. If you have a hand mixer or are a boss with hand mixing those options will work too.
Yeah, this looks like ground beef to me, but nope, it's just Red Velvet Oreo cookies and cream cheese. 😉
Step 3 | Scoop, Freeze, Dip, Sprinkle
The last steps in fun with making truffles is the scooping, freezing, dipping, and sprinkling. I am an avid user of dishers also known as cookie scoops. For this bite-sized goodie I use the #60 (2-teaspoon) disher. I use this small cookie scoop A LOT! It's also great for mini cupcakes!
After you scooped your truffles into balls and placed them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet you'll need to pop them into the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle. If you can't fit a baking sheet in your freezer than just place the balls on something parchment lined that you can fit into the freezer but make sure they aren't touching each other or they'll freeze together.
Once your Red Velvet Oreo Truffles are firm enough to handle it's time to dip them in melted dark chocolate. I am all over Ghirardelli's Chocolate Melting Wafers because they're easy and taste delicious but really any brand of chocolate melting wafers will do.
I don't recommend chocolate chips though as they aren't designed for melting; they're designed to keep their shape. The Art of Melting Chocolate is a great resource for tips and tricks on working with chocolate.
Now when it comes to the melting and dipping process, you can use the microwave on 30-second increments being careful not to burn your chocolate or you can use a chocolate melting pot, which is an AWESOME tool to have.
Then you'll dip your Oreo truffle into your melted chocolate using a toothpick, fork, or dipping tool. I am partial to a fork; tap to remove excess chocolate and transfer onto a parchment lined baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with your choice of Valentine's Day sprinkles. For my sprinkles I used large heart quins and a mini heart quins mix on my Red Velvet Oreo Truffles, but you do you. Then allow them to sit and set and ENJOY!!
Say "I love you" with Red Velvet Oreo Truffles! ♥
Red Velvet Oreo Truffles
- 1 (10.7-ounce) package Red Velvet Oreo Cookies
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups dark chocolate melting wafers
- 2 tablespoons paramount crystals
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, crush Red Velvet Oreo Cookies into crumbs.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together Oreo cookie crumbs and cream cheese; mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), drop balls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip truffles into chocolate using a toothpick, fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper and immediately add sprinkles. Allow Red Velvet Oreo Truffles to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!
Leave a Comment