Red Velvet Oreo Truffles – red velvet Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and dark chocolate rolled into an amazing bite-size truffle of Valentine’s Day goodness.
Happy almost Valentine’s Day! Today I am going to share a lovely 3-ingredient Valentine’s Day treat you can make and share with your sweetheart, Red Velvet Oreo Truffles.
Oreo Cookies recent introduction of the Red Velvet Oreo is awesome. You’re now able to combine two favorites, Oreo cookies and red velvet, which of course makes the purrfect Valentine’s Day sweet. Meow.
Today’s recipe is super simple; it includes three ingredients and requires very little time. It’s easy-peasy just like my Conversation Heart Pretzel Hugs, and I LOVE easy. Don’t we all? Red Velvet Oreo Cookies, cream cheese, and dark chocolate are all this recipe needs. If you are feeling particularly sprinkle-y than you’ll of course want to add sprinkles to your ingredient list.
Step 1 | Ingredients + Food Process Oreo Cookies
Step 2 | Mix Red Velvet Oreo Cookie Crumbs and Cream Cheese
Yeah, this looks like ground beef to me, but nope, it’s Red Velvet Oreo Cookies and cream cheese. 😉
Step 3 | Scoop, Freeze, Dip, Sprinkle
Say “I love you” with Red Velvet Oreo Truffles! ♥
- Red Velvet Oreo Cookies
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups dark chocolate melting wafers
- 2 tablespoons paramount crystals
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, crush Red Velvet Oreo Cookies into crumbs.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together Oreo cookie crumbs and cream cheese; mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), drop balls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip truffles into chocolate using a toothpick, fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper and immediately add sprinkles. Allow Red Velvet Oreo Truffles to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!
Red Velvet Oreo Truffles should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and will keep for 3+ days.
Optional: Paramount crystals help keep chocolate shiny and smooth, as well as alleviate sugar bloom and fat bloom. You do not need them, but they are recommended.