Rainbow Pretzel Wands - pretzel rods dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with rainbow happiness; a magically delicious sweet and salty dessert.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
When it comes to sweet and salty desserts, nothing is easier or more wonderful than chocolate covered pretzels, in my opinion.
You can take pretzels in any and every shape, dip them in dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate and then add your favorite sprinkles and you’ve got magic, especially when they're Rainbow Pretzel Wands.
You can’t have magic without your wand! 😜
Rainbow Pretzel Wands are pretzel rods dipped in melted white chocolate and showered in rainbow quins; they’re sweet and salty perfection.
They are also fantastic for St. Patrick’s Day or birthdays or when you need a little sweet and salty in your life. You can also change up the quins or sprinkles and the chocolates for whatever the holiday or occasion desires.
For these colorful wands, I got fancy and used my Wilton Candy Melting Pot and Wilton Tall Dipping Containers. You can get fancy with these tools or keep it simple and use your microwave to melt the chocolate and a tall cup for dipping.
Rainbow Pretzel Wands Chocolate Melting Tips
The key to melting chocolate is low & slow, no water or alcohol, and chocolate chips are not for melting.
Low & Slow. Heat chocolate slowly and stir slowly. You do not want to over-heat chocolate, and in the same respect, you cannot over-stir chocolate.
No Water or Alcohol. Chocolate seizes up if it gets wet. This is also why not all food coloring is suitable for coloring white chocolate.
No Chocolate Chips. Chocolate chips are designed to hold their shape, not to melt. Use baking chocolate or cocoa-flavored candy wafers for melting.
Now let's get excited about these magically delicious sweet and salty Rainbow Pretzel Wands!!
Rainbow Pretzel Wands
- 1 (12-ounce) bag of pretzel rods
- 4 cups white chocolate melting wafers
- 3 tablespoons paramount crystals, optional¹
- rainbow quins
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper/silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add white chocolate melting wafers and paramount crystals¹. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15-second increments until white chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour white chocolate into a tall, narrow glass. Dip two-thirds of each pretzel rod into the white chocolate and lightly shake to remove excess white chocolate; sprinkle with rainbow quins. Place on prepared parchment paper until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!
Leave a Comment