Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel Chips - magnificent sweet and salty cookies, triple stuffed with potato chips, chocolate chips, and caramel chips makes these salty-sweet cookies, pure perfection.
I have ALWAYS wanted to make chocolate chip cookies with potato chips in them!
Lays Classic Potato Chips are my jam. I could eat them every day. I am a tad bit embarrassed to admit that sometimes I do. I love them that much. Potato chips in chocolate chip cookies are a MUST try.
Naturally, when I came across Food Network Magazine's Potato Chip-Chocolate Chunk Cookies I HAD to make them.
Get in my belly, Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel Chips!
OK, so Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel Chips don't stray too far from Food Network Magazine's recipe.
I used Lays Classic Potato Chips instead of kettle potato chips because Lays Classics are my FAVORITE and no I am not working with them, but hello Lays, I totally would.
I also used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of chocolate chunks and Ghirardelli Caramel Chips. Ghirardelli is also a huge FAVORITE of mine that I am also not working with (yet).
I am all for chocolate and caramel chunks but I am also lazy. Why chop when you can just open a bag? I know you are totally feeling me on that one.
Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel Chips are SO wonderfully delicious!
They're sweet. They're salty. They're crunchy (the potato chips). They're chewy. They're easy. They're everything you'd want in a cookie and more.
If you haven't tried chocolate chip cookies with potato chips and caramel chips that are then rolled in more potato chips well you absolutely MUST.
You'll LOVE them!
Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel Chips are mind-blowing sweet and salty cookie heaven!
Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel Chips
- 5 cups Lays Classic Potato Chips, divided
- 2 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 and ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel chips
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Put 3 cups of potato chips into a resealable plastic bag and finely crush; set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugars on high speed until very fluffy; about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla extract; beating well after each addition until creamy.
- On low speed, slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; beat until combined.
- Add in 2 cups of potato chips (NOT the crushed ones), semi-sweet chocolate chips, and caramel chips; mix until combined.
- Place crushed potato chips into a shallow dish. Scoop dough into ¼ cup balls, or use #24 disher; drop into crushed potato chips and roll to coat. Place on an ungreased baking sheet or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges, but still soft.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 10 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Shop This Recipe
Farberware Insulated Nonstick Cookie Sheet | Silpat Silicone Baking Mat | Zeroll #24 Disher, Red | Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips | Ghirardelli Caramel Baking Chips | Food Network Magazine | Joseph Joseph Elevate Silicone Baking Spatula | Stainless Steel Measuring Cups | Wilton 3-Tier Cooling Rack