Peppermint Bark - the absolutely delicious and gorgeous marriage of mint dark chocolate, white chocolate, and crushed peppermint candy canes layered into a delightful, minty-fresh, chocolate bark.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
I love Peppermint Bark; LOVE it!
I first fell in love with it many years ago while vacationing in Orlando. My hubby and I visited the Ghirardelli store in Downtown Disney (now known as Disney Springs) and received a DELICIOUS Peppermint Bark Square sample, and I seriously never looked back.
You may think Peppermint Bark is just a Christmas sweet, but you my friend would be wrong.
This minty chocolate bark is an all-time sweet. Yes, it's great at Christmas, but it's also a fabulous way to use up leftover candy canes, as well as HELLO peppermint is an excellent breath freshener.
OK, so before I get all chocolate bark crazy on you (maybe I already have), let's talk about THIS homemade chocolate bark.
Peppermint Bark is beyond easy to make yourself, and it's just as GOOD homemade.
For this chocolate bark recipe, you'll need dark mint chocolate, white chocolate, and crushed peppermint candy canes. You can forgo on the dark mint chocolate and just use dark chocolate if you desire but the dark mint chocolate gives it a little extra mint kick.
As for the crushed peppermint candy canes, crush up your leftover Christmas stock, crush up peppermint candies, or you can purchase crushed peppermint candy that someone else already released all their pent up aggression on; or maybe it was a machine. Who can really know?
Homemade chocolate bark requires a little patience to allow the chocolate to set. You'll need to wait 15 minutes with the dark mint chocolate, then another 15 minutes for the white chocolate and peppermint pieces, AND THEN you pop the whole thing in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes.
I know, patience is a virtue I don't have either. It's worth it though, I promise.
The good part though, no the GREAT part, is you can really let out all your aggression from waiting into breaking up the chocolate bark into pieces.
YES! SO satisfying! 🙂
Peppermint Bark, an absolutely delicious and gorgeous chocolate bark, that you'll love to over-indulge in!
- Add 2 cups mint dark chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15-second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour mint dark chocolate onto the lined baking sheet. Spread to the desired thickness using an offset spatula. Allow mint dark chocolate to set for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 cups white chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15-second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour white chocolate onto the set mint dark chocolate and gently spread with an offset spatula. Immediately sprinkle with crushed peppermints.
- Allow chocolate bark to set for 15 minutes then an additional 45 minutes in the refrigerator. Remove bark and break up into pieces. Eat & Enjoy!