Peanut Butter Heath Cookies – soft, chewy, and completely delicious peanut butter cookies that are seriously LOADED with peanut butter and Heath English Toffee Bits; the perfect marriage of flavors!
Does anyone watch Bachelor in Paradise? I have to admit this show is a serious guilty pleasure. It’s crazy! Unfortunately, I feel like I have to watch The Bachelor and The Bachelorette in order to know the people in paradise. I am totally into this season so far and there has only been one episode!
Seriously though, this show is coo-coo. Chad needs therapy and I am not sure watching him unravel for entertainment is helpful to anyone. The Canadian whose name I can’t remember (Dan?) is SO awkward, plus how is Canadian a profession? I hope they all find love if that is possible on a TV show, but I am rooting for anyone who has returned from previous paradise seasons!
Are you hooked on Bachelor in Paradise too? I’d love to hear your thoughts!!
Peanut Butter Heath Cookies are a great snack to enjoy while watching Bachelor in Paradise! These cookies are soft and chewy with a delectable sugar crunch on the outside. They’re loaded with peanut butter and an entire bag of Heath English Toffee Bits. It’s an awesome explosion of flavor in your mouth!
Let’s talk soft and chewy. Peanut Butter Heath Cookies are soft and chewy because they are loaded with two cups of peanut butter! That is DOUBLE the “typical” amount of peanut butter in a standard peanut butter cookie. They also have a full cup of brown sugar, which also adds moisture to the batter.
Peanut Butter Heath Cookies also have a bit of crunch to them but it’s not because they are a crunchy cookie. The cookie dough is rolled in granulated sugar before being baked, which gives the outside a little crunch. There is also a wee-bit of crunch when you bite into a Heath English Toffee Bit. Don’t let that dissuade you; it gives these awesome-sauce cookies a little something extra that you don’t want to miss!
Heath English Toffee Bits! These are seriously AWESOME! I can’t wait to add them to more recipes and I already have a few up my sleeve. If you are a Heath fan these are a serious MUST in your baking repertoire. Peanut Butter Heath Cookies use the entire 8-ounce bag of Heath English Toffee Bits, which amounts to about 1 and ⅓ cup. No measuring cup needed, just dump the whole bag in!
Not a Heath fan? You’ll still LOVE these Peanut Butter Heath Cookies. The Heath is subtle enough to not be overwhelming but enough to give these cookies a flavor boost that is totally worth adding!
And there it is folks, Peanut Butter Heath Cookies – a peanut butter heath cookie to rival all peanut butter heath cookies! 😉
Peanut Butter Heath Cookies
- 2 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, plus ½ cup for rolling
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 and ⅓ cups Heath English Toffee Bits
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed, about 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix until combined. Add peanut butter; mix on high until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix just until combined. Add in Heath English Toffee Bits; mix until combined.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Scoop dough into 2 teaspoon balls, or use a #40 disher to scoop balls of dough. Roll balls of dough in granulated sugar and place 8 balls on a ungreased baking sheet, or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet. Slightly flatten dough balls with the bottom of a cup. Keep dough chilled in between batches.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake. The tops will not brown. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!