Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies – a magnificent peanut butter cookie rolled in powdered sugar and baked to crinkle cookie brilliance; peanut butter lovers unite.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
SBS is bursting with crinkle cookies: Pink Lemonade Crinkle Cookies, Mint Crinkle Cookies, Lemon Crinkle Cookies, and now Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies. I am feeling like a crinkle cookies connoisseur.
This Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies recipe hails from the Food Network Magazine, Dec 2016 issue. I’ve been holding onto it for the perfect moment, which is NOW! While the rest of the world is thinking pumpkin and pumpkin spice, I am thinking football, Halloween, and PEANUT BUTTER!! It’s SO much better than pumpkin. 😉 #just saying
These Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies aren’t like my previous crinkle cookie recipes. These crinkles don’t have a cake mix base but are still very much easy-peasy. They’re also jam-packed with peanut butter and rolled in powdered sugar. You really can’t go wrong with cookies rolled in powdered sugar!
Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies contain more oil than other crinkle cookies because of the peanut butter, which means they absorb the powdered sugar a wee-bit more than your standard crinkles. This is not a cookie flaw, but a heads up. It won’t affect your cookie’s flavor.
Tip: Be sure to roll your dough in granulated sugar before rolling in powdered sugar, this will help fend off some of the powdered sugar absorption.
Tip: After your cookies have baked and cooled, dust again with powdered sugar for more visual appeal.
Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies, adored by crinkle cookie fans and loved by peanut butter lovers!
Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
- 1 and ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter on medium speed until creamy, about a minute. Increase speed to medium-high and beat until fluffy, about 2 more minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until combined.
- On low speed, slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; beat until combined.
- Place granulated sugar and powdered sugar in separate shallow dishes. Scoop dough into tablespoon balls using a #50 disher; drop into granulated sugar and roll to coat. Transfer dough balls to powdered sugar and roll to coat. Place on a ungreased baking sheet, or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or until edges are set and cracked on top. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, dust cooled cookies with additional powdered sugar. Eat & Enjoy!