Peanut Butter Candy Pumpkin Blossoms – your favorite peanut butter cookie with a Halloween twist of yellow and orange sanding sugar and a candy pumpkin. Happy Candy Corn Halloween!
I kind of love October. I hate that summer is over and awful Wisconsin winter will soon be setting in, but I kind of love October. This is a new realization for me. I am pretty excited about it.
I’ve been having a lot of new realizations lately, for example I am a wee-bit obsessed with doughnuts. I am surprised it took me this long to figure that one out, but it did and I do…love donuts that is.
Lately, I feel I am coming more into my own. It is weird saying that, or feeling that when I am 35. I guess I spent so much of my youth trying to figure out what I wanted to do for a career that it fogged up so much of figuring out who I am. Deciding to do what I’ve always wanted to do, bake, has been a huge weight off my shoulders. That and the fact that I’ve finally admitted to myself that I suffer from anxiety and that I need to do something about it. I am starting to see everything more clearly. It’s an amazing, awesome, scary, and exciting feeling. Yikes. I’ve gotten WAY off topic. This is typical for me. 🙂
But I digress; I kind of love October – apple picking, the pumpkin farm, fall running, apple and pumpkin baking, warm jeans and sweater days (no winter coat), leaves changing colors, craft fairs, caramel apples and apple cider, pumpkin carving, ghoulish Halloween treats, and my absolute favorite Halloween!
I am all about the candy corn this year. It started with Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats, then this, this, this, and now Peanut Butter Candy Pumpkin Blossoms. I can’t get enough of candy corn this year, so much so that I dubbed this October – Candy Corn Month. You apparently agree since you made Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats a popular post.
Since its candy corn month, Peanut Butter Candy Pumpkin Blossoms are a perfect addition. You’ll love this oh-so-delicious peanut butter cookie and you’ll love even more the slight crunch of the yellow and orange sanding sugar, and the Halloween twist, the candy pumpkin.
Peanut Butter Candy Corn Blossoms are so easy, so melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter-y, and so Halloween you won’t be able to resist baking and eating every last one!
What do you love about October? What was your favorite Halloween costume?
Peanut Butter Candy Pumpkin Blossoms
- 1 and ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- orange and yellow sanding sugar
- 48 candy pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; beat on low speed until combined.
- Scoop dough into 1" rounds, or use a #60 disher to scoop balls of dough. Roll balls in sanding sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet 2" apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until barely golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Immediately remove cookies and press candy pumpkin into the tops of the cookies.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!