Peanut Butter Buttercream – smooth, creamy, and oh-so-peanut buttery buttercream frosting; perfect for frosting your favorite cupcakes.
Happy October! I seriously can’t believe its October already. Where did this year go?
October is quite the month for baking. You’ve got Breast Cancer Awareness Month; bring on the pink! You’ve got football season in full tackle; Football Food anyone? You’ve got Fall/Autumn Recipes; mmm…apple and pumpkin. And let’s not forget my favorite, spooktacular Halloween Treats!
Yes, I am excited for October baking! How about you? What are your favorite October goodies to bake?
So with that I say, Happy October! Now I am going to share a completely non-October recipe. 😉
This week’s recipe, Peanut Butter Buttercream, is actually a re-share. I originally shared this recipe with my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes, which were frosted with this delicious buttercream frosting. The cupcakes were a HUGE success and the Peanut Butter Buttercream was a big part of that success.
This Peanut Butter Buttercream is SO GOOD it deserves its own post. So here we are.
The Peanut Butter Buttercream is smooth, creamy, and oh-so-peanut buttery. If you LOVE peanut butter, you won’t be able to resist the deliciousness of the Peanut Butter Buttercream. It’s out of this world amazing!
Peanut Butter Buttercream
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups pure cane powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter and peanut butter until creamy and smooth. Add vanilla extract and salt; mix until combined.
- Slowly add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time; beating well after each addition. Scrape down bowl as necessary.
- Once all powdered sugar has been mixed in, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time and mix. Continue to add and mix until desired consistency is achieved. Eat & Enjoy!