Patriotic Star Sugar Cookies - star cutout sugar cookies frosted with melted chocolate and showered with red, white, and blue sprinkles for a patriotic twist to decorated cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
I've been on a decorated cookie kick where I frost cutout sugar cookies with melted chocolate.
Another positive to frosting with melted chocolate is fewer dishes to wash, chocolate dries faster, and it's a great way to use up chocolate and sprinkles, which I have A LOT. That is a trifecta I want in my life!
On a tastier note, these cookies satisfy tastebuds for sugar cookie lovers, chocolate lovers, and sprinkles lovers. That's a trifecta of lovers. Doesn't everyone fit into at least one of those categories, if not all three? 😜
Patriotic Star Sugar Cookies are the perfect, fun, and festive cookies for your Memorial Day weekend, your 4th of July celebration, or your Labor Day observance.
These star cutout sugar cookies offer a unique twist on decorated cookies, are easy for the kiddos (and you), and have a delish flavor combo that everyone will enjoy. ❤️
Another great thing about these delightful cookies, is you don't have to get all fancy pants with the sugar cookie dough. You can keep it easy-breezy and use a sugar cookie mix; I am extremely partial to Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix. I love it!
Celebrate the red, white, and blue with Patriotic Star Sugar Cookies, your stomach will thank you!!
Patriotic Star Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix together sugar cookie mix, flour, butter, and egg; mix until sugar cookie dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough. Using a star cookie cutter, cut about ¼” thick star cookies.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges lightly golden.
- Cool unfrosted star cookies on a baking sheet on a wire rack for 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15-second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Using an icing spatula frost cookies with melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with red, white, and blue sprinkles.
- Allow Patriotic Star Sugar Cookies to sit until chocolate sets. Eat & Enjoy!