Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies – deliciously soft and chewy oatmeal cookies kicked up a notch with the scrumptious addition of cinnamon baking chips; your favorite oatmeal cookie just got cinnamon-y better!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
Hands down my favorite homemade cookies are oatmeal cookies. I don’t want chocolate chips. I don’t want raisins. Just hand over an oatmeal cookie and I am golden. That being said, when I came across Hershey’s Cinnamon Baking Chips I just KNEW I had to add them to my Classic Oatmeal Cookies and thus Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies were born!
Hershey’s Cinnamon Baking Chips might be the BEST baking chip since the chocolate chip! They’re seriously cinnamon greatness wrapped up into a baking chip. If you LOVE cinnamon you will love these cinnamon baking chips and if you LOVE oatmeal cookies then these bad boys will have you positively giddy!!
And no, I do not work with/for Hershey’s, but I wouldn’t complain if they wanted to hit me up either! 😉
These delish oatmeal cinnamon cookies are the perfect marriage of oatmeal cookie goodness and cinnamon. I’ve been known to load oatmeal cookies up good with cinnamon hence the heaping teaspoon added to this cookie recipe. The addition of the cinnamon chips really adds to the awesomeness. You’ll love them!
I apologize for getting SO excited over these cookies; it’s just they are My. Favorite. Cookies.
These scrumptious cookies are also wonderful because they are soft and chewy. The key is to NOT over-bake them. You’ll want to bake them for 8-10 minutes depending on how accurate your oven temperature is. Personally, 9 minutes is pure perfection.
If you have spreading issues, or cannot bake your cookies immediately this cookie dough also refrigerates beautifully. You may refrigerate your cookie dough for an hour and up to 72 hours; if you take this route increase your baking time to 9-11 minutes.
Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies are easy to bake, wonderfully soft and chewy, and are pleasantly cinnamon. They’ll make a GREAT addition to your go-to-cookie-baking-list!!
And now back to our regular scheduled oatmeal cookie obsession, oatmeal cookie dough is my fav too! What’s your favorite cookie dough to eat?
Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 and ½ cups quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix until combined. Add oats and cinnamon baking chips; mix well.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool cookies on a baking sheet for a minute then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!