Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies – deliciously soft and chewy oatmeal cookies kicked up a notch with the scrumptious addition of cinnamon baking chips; your favorite oatmeal cookie just got cinnamon-y better!
Hands down my favorite homemade cookie is oatmeal cookies. I don’t want chocolate chips. I don’t want raisins. Just hand over Classic Oatmeal Cookies and I am golden. That being said, when I came across Hershey’s Cinnamon Baking Chips I just KNEW I had to add them to my Classic Oatmeal Cookies and thus Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies were born!
Hershey’s Cinnamon Baking Chips might be the BEST baking chip since the chocolate chip! They’re seriously cinnamon greatness wrapped up into a baking chip. If you LOVE cinnamon you will love these cinnamon baking chips and if you LOVE oatmeal cookies…Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies will have you positively giddy!!
And no, I do not work with/for Hershey’s, but I wouldn’t complain if they wanted to hit me up either! 😉
Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies are the perfect marriage of oatmeal cookie goodness and cinnamon. I’ve been known to load oatmeal cookies up good with cinnamon hence the heaping teaspoon added to these cookies. The addition of the cinnamon chips really adds to the awesomeness. You’ll love them!
I apologize for getting SO excited over Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies; it’s just my favorite cookie!
These Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies are also wonderful because they are soft and chewy. The key is to NOT over-bake them. You’ll want to bake them for 8-10 minutes depending on how accurate your oven temperature is. Personally, 9 minutes is pure perfection.
Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies are easy to bake, wonderfully soft and chewy, and are pleasantly cinnamon. They’ll make a GREAT addition to your go-to-cookie-baking-list!!
And now back to our regular scheduled oatmeal cookie obsession, oatmeal cookie dough is my fav too! What’s your favorite cookie dough to eat?
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 and 1/2 cups quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix until combined. Add oats and cinnamon baking chips; mix well.
- Scoop dough into tablespoon balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet for a minute then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies should be stored in an airtight container; will keep 5+ days.
If you have spreading issues, or cannot bake your cookies immediately these cookies refrigerate beautifully. You may refrigerate your cookie dough for an hour and up to 72 hours; if you take this route increase your baking time to 9-11 minutes.