Malted Hello Dolly Bars - a delish graham cracker crust dressed to the nines with milk chocolate chips, coconut flakes, walnut pieces, and chopped Whoppers.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
Hello Dolly Bars are a family recipe for me. I grew up with my grandmother making them which is particularly significant and special because I didn't come from a baking family on either side. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized Hello Dolly Bars are also known as Magic Cookie Bars, but thanks to my Grandma they'll always be Hello Dollys to me. ♥
Recently, I was feeling Hello Dolly Bars but wanted to kick them up a notch so I opted to add Whoppers: Malted Milk Balls.
Also known as (aka), Malted Magic Cookie Bars, or if you're feeling particularly silly, Dolly Parton Bars, get it? 🙂
Malted Hello Dolly Bars are beyond easy to make with eight ingredients. You mostly have to pummel, crush, and chop the ingredients and then sprinkle them on top of each other. It's actually a great way to let out some pent-up aggression.
And if you're feeling particularly lazy you can buy most of the ingredients already crushed and chopped, less the Whoppers, but I think that part is manageable. I used this nifty Food Chopper from Pampered Chef, which is extremely beneficial to have in the kitchen!
Malted Hello Dolly Bars are SO worth the addition of Whoppers; it really gives them something extra without having to bend over backward for it. I am not very flexible. How about you?
Malted Hello Dolly Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a 9"x13" pan with foil, leaving a 2" overhang over sides. Mist with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor crush about 13 full graham cracker sheets, measure, and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter. Add crushed graham crackers and sugar; mix until graham crackers crumbs are covered in melted butter.
- Pour butter/graham cracker crumb mixture into a 9"x13" pan; press evenly into bottom.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Use the foil overhang to remove it from the pan. Cut Malted Hello Dolly Bars to desired size. Eat & Enjoy!