Malted Hello Dolly Bars - a delish graham cracker crust dressed to the nines with milk chocolate chips, coconut flakes, walnut pieces, and chopped Whoppers; it's a scrumptious whopper of a dessert bar.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
Hello Dolly Bars are a family recipe for me. I grew up with my paternal grandmother making them which is particularly significant and special because I didn't come from a baking family on either side. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized Hello Dolly Bars are also known as Magic Cookie Bars, but thanks to my Grandma Mosley they'll always be Hello Dollys to me. ♥
Recently, I was feeling Hello Dolly Bars but wanted to kick them up a notch so I opted to add Whoppers: Malted Milk Balls.
I wish I could say adding Whoppers came to me in a grand fit of inspiration, but really I had a box of Whoppers lying around and Malted Hello Dolly Bars were born.
Also known as (aka), Malted Magic Cookie Bars or if you're feeling particularly silly, Dolly Parton Bars, get it? 🙂
Malted Hello Dolly Bars are beyond easy to make with eight ingredients. You mostly have to pummel, crush, and chop the ingredients and then sprinkle them on top of each other. It's actually a great way to let out some pent-up aggression.
And if you're feeling particularly lazy you can buy most of the ingredients already crushed and chopped, less the Whoppers, but I think that part is manageable. I used this nifty Food Chopper from Pampered Chef, which is extremely beneficial to have in the kitchen!
As if making Malted Hello Dolly Bars isn't awesome enough, these bars are positively dreamy to eat. The eating part is just as important as the baking part, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Malted Hello Dolly Bars are SO worth the addition of Whoppers; it really gives them something extra without having to bend over backward for it. I am not very flexible. How about you?
Malted Hello Dolly Bars
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts chopped¹
- 1 cup Whoppers, chopped
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a 9"x13" pan with foil, leaving a 2" overhang over sides. Mist with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor crush about 13 full graham cracker sheets, measure, and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter. Add crushed graham crackers and sugar; mix until graham crackers crumbs are covered in melted butter.
- Pour butter/graham cracker crumb mixture into a 9"x13" pan; press evenly into bottom.
- Layer flaked coconut, chocolate chips, walnuts, and crushed Whoppers onto crushed graham cracker base. Pour sweetened condensed milk over entire layered mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Use foil overhang to remove from pan. Cut to desired size. Eat & Enjoy!
These bars sound incredible! I mean anything with coconut and chocolate is good in my book.
Thanks, Sabrina! I agree! 🙂