Love Bug Oreo Cookies - delish Oreo cookies dressed to impress for Valentine's Day as lovable lady bugs; an easy and kid-friendly dessert.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
Are you ready for Valentine's Day sweets? I hope so because I've got hearts, red velvet, and pink and red treats to share with you!
I am starting off my Valentine's Day baking escapades with a baked goodie that isn't baked at all but rather a very popular chocolate sandwich cookie decked out in Valentine's Day glory. These Valentine's Day cookies are too cute, easy-breezy, and totally scrumptious; they're Love Bug Oreo Cookies.
Love Bug Oreo Cookies start with the ever popular, Oreo cookies. To decorate your Oreo cookies you'll need red candy melts, royal icing eyeballs, and some super fun Valentine's sprinkles. That's it. It's THAT easy. You can even have fun making this easy family-friendly recipe with the kiddos. They'd love it. You'd love it. And everyone would love eating them. It's a win-win-win!
3 Tips + Tricks for Making Love Bug Oreo Cookies
1. You can easily melt candy melts in the microwave but if melting chocolate is going to become a common occurrence, I strongly recommend the Wilton Chocolate Melting Pot. I use this A LOT and LOVE it!
2. If you can't find red candy melts, you can use white chocolate wafers, or white almond bark and color with non-water-based red food coloring. Food coloring that is water-based will seize your chocolate.
3. You can make your own royal icing eyes ahead of time. They keep for years and are great for a lot of desserts , like Halloween Mummy Oreo Cookies, Penguin Nutter Butter Cookies, Panda Mini Cupcakes, and more! If you're pressed for time, you can buy them too!
It's time to share the love with these too cute Valentine's Day, Love Bug Oreo Cookies!
Love Bug Oreo Cookies
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper/silpat mat. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add red candy wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Dip Oreo cookie three-fourths of the way into the melted red chocolate and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper and immediately add Valentine's Day sprinkles.
- Add a drop of chocolate to the backs of the royal icing eyes using a toothpick and stick to the chocolate part of the Oreo cookie. Allow Love Bug Oreo Cookies to sit until chocolate sets. Eat & Enjoy!