Love Bug Oreo Cookies – delish Hot & Spicy Cinnamon Oreos dressed to impress for Valentine’s Day.
Are you ready for Valentine‘s Day sweets? I hope so because I’ve got hearts, red velvet, and pink and red treats to share with you!
I am starting off my Valentine’s Day baking escapades with a baked goodie that isn’t baked at all but rather a very popular chocolate sandwich cookie decked out in Valentine’s Day glory. These Valentine’s Day cookies are too cute, easy-breezy, and totally scrumptious; they’re Love Bug Oreo Cookies.
Love Bug Oreo Cookies start with the ever popular, Oreo cookie. You can use whatever chocolate flavor Oreo your heart desires, but I strongly recommend the limited edition Hot & Spicy Cinnamon Oreo; they’re AWESOME! The Hot & Spicy Cinnamon Oreo screams Valentine‘s Day with its red filling and it’s very delicious resemblance to red hots. If you LOVE red hots (like I do), then you’ll LOVE LOVE the Hot & Spicy Cinnamon Oreo. The cinnamon flavor melded with the chocolate of the cookie is outstanding and then of course decorating them as uber cute love bugs tops the cake or rather the cookie.
To decorate your Oreo Cookies with Love Bug Oreo Cookies you’ll need red candy melts, royal icing eyeballs, and some super fun Valentine’s sprinkles. That’s it. It’s THAT easy-breezy. You could even have fun making this easy family-friendly recipe, Love Bug Oreo Cookies, with the kiddos. If I had kids, I totally would. They’d love it. You’d love it. And everyone would love eating them. It’s a win-win-win!
It’s time to share the love with these too cute Valentine’s Day, Love Bug Oreo Cookies!
- Hot & Spicy Cinnamon Oreo Cookies
- 1 and 1/2 cups red candy melting wafers
- royal icing eyes
- micro heart sprinkles
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper/silpat mat. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add red candy wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Dip Oreo cookie three-fourths of the way into the melted red chocolate and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper and immediately add Valentine's Day sprinkles.
- Add a drop of chocolate to the backs of royal icing using a toothpick and stick to the chocolate part of the Oreo cookie. Allow Love Bug Oreo Cookies to sit until chocolate sets. Eat & Enjoy!
Love Bug Oreo Cookies should be stored in an airtight container; will keep 7+ days.