Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies - soft, super duper peanut butter cookies loaded with crunchy pretzel pieces, mini chocolate chips, and colorful mini M&M's candies; a scrumptious sweet and salty cookie delight.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies is a recipe I created when I first started blogging, way back in 2013. It's a people pleaser because it's super peanut buttery and is jam-packed with salty pretzels, sweet mini M&M's, and chocolatey mini chocolate chips.
Who doesn't love that combo?
Not to mention these cookies are soft; another aspect that is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
The sad bummer of this recipe was that the photos were horrible. I mean seriously, the worst! They just didn't do this wonderful cookie justice and thus I simply HAD to reshoot (you know for work purposes - not because I wanted to shovel Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies into my mouth).
This post was originally shared on December 31, 2013, and has since been updated.
If you love a loaded cookie then you will definitely LOVE these Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies. A favorite among friends and family these peanut butter pretzel M&M's chocolate chip cookies are quite the mouthful both in ingredients and flavor.
These delicious cookies are made up of a soft peanut butter cookie. The peanut butter cookie gets its softness from the creamy peanut butter and the brown sugar. Brown sugar adds moisture to recipes which results in a softer more chewy texture; perfect for peanut butter cookies.
This isn’t your ordinary peanut butter cookie recipe though. This peanut butter cookie is LOADED with chopped pretzels, M&M’s, and chocolate chips. These Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies are made for YOU sweet and salty fans!
The chopped pretzel pieces add a nice crunch to these Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies. The soft peanut butter cookie and crunch of the chopped pretzel pieces is a match made in heaven. Then you add the chocolate and well it is sweet and salty bliss!
These Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies don’t just utilize mini chocolate chips, but they also use mini M&M’s. There is a whole lot of chocolate being added to these cookies.
I enjoy using the mini versions of both chocolate chips and M&M’s. You get a bite of chocolate chips and M&M’s in every bite with the little guys. Plus the minis are so cute.
You can use the regular size versions but will need to adjust the recipe to ½ cup chocolate chips and ¾ cup M&M’s.
Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies require the dough to be refrigerated for 30-60 minutes before baking. The peanut butter makes the dough very soft and sticky; chilling the dough makes it easier to work with.
Bake these Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies at 375F degrees for 8-11 minutes depending on your oven. Mine baked perfectly at 10 minutes. The cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool. You don’t want to overbake these delicious cookie creations.
Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies should be stored in an airtight container and will keep 5+ days.
You can’t go wrong with peanut butter, pretzels, and chocolate. It’s pure sweet and salty bliss! And who doesn't LOVE sweet and salty bliss?!
Do you have another favorite LOADED cookie recipe? How about a favorite sweet + salty recipe?
Loaded Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- 1 and ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped pretzels
- ⅓ cup M&M's Minis Milk Chocolate Candies
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed, about 2-3 minutes. Add in peanut butter; mix until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in mini chocolate chips, chopped pretzels pieces, and mini M&M's.
- Refrigerate dough for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Scoop dough into heaping tablespoon balls, or use a #40 disher to scoop balls of dough. Place on an ungreased baking sheet or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press down with a fork, cookies do not spread. Keep dough chilled in between batches.
- Bake 8-11 minutes. Mine baked perfectly at 10 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies may appear to be soft and undone, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for a few minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!