Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies – melt in your mouth white chocolate chips baked into a delicious lemon cake batter cookie; the perfect union of lemon and white chocolate.
It’s official. I am in love with lemon cookies, specifically these Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies. I know, as a food blogger, I probably say things like this a lot. It’s just this is my first lemon cookie and it is beyond spectacular.
My first thought when I bit into these tasty Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies was Trix cereal. I don’t necessarily consider that to be a selling point, but something about it screams Trix to me. Try them. I’d love to know if you also get the Trix vibe.
My second thought was holy Swiss cheese these cookies are good! I then proceeded to eat two more. After that I packed them up and sent them on their way to my husband’s work. Otherwise I would have seriously downed the entire batch of Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
SO…let’s get down to the nitty-gritty on these delightful Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
You will love these delectable Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies because they are uncomplicated and straightforward. They have been adapted from two other lovely recipes, Chocolate Chip Cake Batter Cookies and White Chocolate Carrot Cake Cookies. If you’re looking for an amazing cake batter cookie in another flavor, I highly recommend trying one of these. In fact, you should try all of these!
These Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies use lemon boxed cake mix, fresh lemon juice and lemon zest to give them a luscious lemon flavor. It may seem like a lot of lemon, but I promise you it is just enough!
In addition to the lemon ingredients, there are the baking essentials: flour, baking soda, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, an egg, and vanilla extract; nothing out of the kitchen ordinary here.
The Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe wraps up with the all essential, white chocolate chips. I used a combination of Nestle Toll House Springtime Morsels and Nestle Toll House Premier White Morsels. The springtime morsels are not a necessity, but they do add a little color to the cookies. I separated out the yellow ones and threw them into the mix. They are yellow-white chocolate chips, so no harm-no foul.
The white chocolate chips really give a nice subtle, but rich white chocolaty flavor to the lemon cookie. It’s really the perfect marriage of flavors – lemon and white chocolate. I love it! You’ll LOVE it too!
The Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough should be chilled in the fridge for about an hour. This makes the sticky dough easier to manage, and helps alleviate spreading while baking. Chilling cookie dough can also help solidify flavor and texture, as well as help to produce soft and tender cookies when baked. Bottom-line, it’s worth chilling. Plus it gives you time to clean up your kitchen. 😉
The Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies bake for the tried and true 350F degrees for about 9-11 minutes. Mine baked perfect at 10 minutes. You DO NOT want to overbake these cookies. They should be/will be soft in the middle, but don’t fret, they will set as they cool.
And there you have it, soft and delicious Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Now go bake yourself a batch. You may just have a love affair with these cookies. I did…do.
- 1 and 1/2 cup lemon boxed cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together boxed cake mix, flour, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix until creamy.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix just until combined. Do NOT over-mix batter. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for a minimum of one hour. Refrigeration makes dough easier to manage and helps cookie dough from over-spreading.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Scoop chilled dough into tablespoon balls, or use a #50 disher to scoop balls of dough. Place on a ungreased baking sheet, or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet. Keep dough chilled in between batches.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned. Mine baked perfect at 10 minutes. Cookies may be soft in the middle, but will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Store Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies in an airtight container; will keep 4+ days.