Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies – melt-in-your-mouth white chocolate chips baked into a delicious lemon cake mix cookie; the perfect union of lemon and white chocolate.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
This post was originally shared on July 17, 2014, and has since been updated.
It's official, I am in love with lemon cookies, especially these Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies. I know, as a dessert blogger, I say things like this a lot. It’s just these cookies are beyond spectacular.
My first thought when I bit into these tasty cookies was Trix Cereal. There is something about the lemon flavor that screams Trix to me. Try them. I’d love to know if you are also getting the Trix vibe.
My second thought was holy Swiss cheese these cookies are good. I then proceeded to pound down two more. After that, I packed them up and sent them on their way to my husband’s work. Otherwise, I would have seriously downed the entire batch.
You will love these delectable Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies because they are uncomplicated and straightforward. They have been adapted from two other lovely cookie recipes, Chocolate Chip Cake Batter Cookies, and White Chocolate Carrot Cake Cookies. Also, they are a cake mix cookie.
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies use a lemon boxed cake mix, fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest to give them a luscious lemon flavor. They are positively bursting with the perfect amount of lemon goodness. I promise you, it is not overpowering.
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies use nothing out of the kitchen ordinary. In addition to the lemon ingredients, there are the baking essentials of flour, baking soda, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, an egg, vanilla extract, and of course, the all-essential white chocolate chips.
In the recipe, I used a combination of Nestle Toll House Springtime Morsels and Ghirardelli Classic White Chocolate Chips. The springtime morsels are not necessary, regular white chocolate chips will suffice, but they add a little color to the cookies.
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies require the cookie dough to be chilled in the fridge for about an hour. This makes the sticky dough easier to manage and helps alleviate spreading while baking. Chilling cookie dough can also help solidify flavor and texture, as well as help to produce soft and tender cookies when baked.
Bottom-line, it’s worth chilling. Plus it gives you time to clean up your kitchen.😜
These cookies bake for the tried and true 350F degrees for about 9-11 minutes. Mine baked perfectly at 10 minutes. You DO NOT want to overbake these cookies. They should be/will be soft in the middle, but don’t fret, they will set as they cool.
There you have it, soft and delicious Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now go bake yourself a batch. You may just have a love affair with these cookies.
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a large bowl, whisk together boxed cake mix, flour, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed. Add egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest; mix until creamy.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix just until combined. Do NOT over-mix batter. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for a minimum of one hour. Refrigeration makes dough easier to manage and helps cookie dough from over-spreading.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned. Mine baked perfect at 10 minutes. Cookies may be soft in the middle, but will set as they cool.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!