Lemon Spritz Cookies - soft and buttery, deliciously lemony, fun flowery cookie press spritz cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Of course, I didn’t need a Costco size bag of lemons and had an obscene amount of lemons left so I broke out the lemon recipes.
It was time to get creative, enter Lemon Spritz Cookies.
I am going to be 100 with you, I hate spritz cookies. It’s not that they aren’t delish because they are. It’s not that they aren’t totes adorbs because they totally are that too. It’s that they are such a pain in the ass. I mean, having to use an extra baking tool, aka a cookie press, is just too much.
If that sounds ridiculous to you then you should totally get on making these Lemon Spritz Cookies.
If you completely understand where I am coming from, then you should still make these Lemon Spritz Cookies (at least once) because they are delicious and cute, and I am not going to tell you to not make one of my cookie recipes. 😜
In an effort to make your Lemon Spritz Cookie life easier here are a few cookie press tips:
Use an ungreased baking sheet. Your cookie press dough needs to adhere to the baking sheet in order for its release from the cookie press, an ungreased baking sheet will help with that. A bare baking sheet works best, so avoid using parchment paper, and if your baking sheet is NOT non-stick even better.
Hold cookie press flat on the baking sheet. Remember you need your dough to adhere to the baking sheet and holding your cookie press flat to the baking sheet will help this. Think consistent and even pressure.
Wait before lifting. After you stop the press action, give it a few seconds before you lift the press. This will give your cookie press dough time to release and adhere to your baking sheet.
Do you have some awesome cookie press spritz cookie tips to share? I'd love to hear them, and I am sure our spritz cookie lovers would too!
Lemon Spritz Cookies are great summer cookies, they are refreshingly lemony, delicious buttery and lemon goodness, and since my July was crazy, August too, and I am just getting to sharing this lemon dessert with you, they are also a great way to wrap up your summer baking.
It’s totally time for fall baking, right?
Create delicious lemon magic with these too cute but kind of annoying (dang you cookie press) Lemon Spritz Cookies.
Lemon Spritz Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- sanding sugar and/or nonpareils for decorating
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and lemon zest; beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Place dough into cookie press with a flower disk. Press dough onto an ungreased baking sheet about 1" apart; a baking sheet that is NOT non-stick works best. Decorate with sanding sugar and/or nonpareils.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are set and lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Shop This Recipe