Lemon Crinkle Cookies – a delicious lemon cake mix cookie rolled in powdered sugar and baked to crinkle cookie perfection; a lemony summer delight.
I have a bit of a “thing” for crinkle cookies. I love the soft, chewy, and cake-y texture of the cookie, as well as the delicious flavor options. Have you tried my Mint Crinkle Cookies or Pink Lemonade Crinkle Cookies? You totally should!
Another fabulous reason for loving crinkle cookies is these delish cookies are made with cake mix. Yes, you heard correct; they are a cake mix cookie. How can you not love that? Also, did I mention crinkle cookies are SO easy-peasy. You just cannot go wrong with making crinkle cookies.
Now that I have you thinking I am crinkle cookie crazy (maybe I am), let’s talk Lemon Crinkle Cookies.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies have a short list of ingredients: lemon cake mix, lemon extract, eggs, butter, granulated sugar and powdered sugar. The lemon cake mix and lemon extract combo make these cookies lemon perfection without being overly lemony. The granulated sugar and powdered sugar ingredients are not part of the dough, but rather part of the ascetics and flavor.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies are rolled in granulated sugar and powdered sugar before baking. The granulated sugar allows for the powdered sugar not to be absorbed into the cookie as it bakes; it’s a base for the powdered sugar. The powdered sugar adds a nice sweet to the lemon flavor and provides prettiness to the crinkles and cracks in the cookie; it’s a MUST for crinkle cookies.
The cake mix based dough makes Lemon Crinkle Cookies soft and moist. It’s because of this that the cookies will look undone when they are finished baking. Don’t worry, they will set and I promise you they are done. You don’t want to overcook them – so unfinished looking through the cracks/crinkles is A-OK.
If I haven’t sold you on Lemon Crinkle Cookies then you should probably just bake them and judge them for yourself. I am confident you’ll love them as much as I do.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 1 lemon boxed cake mix, 15.25 oz
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon lemon extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix together boxed cake mix, melted butter, eggs, and lemon extract; mix until combined.
- Place granulated sugar and powdered sugar in separate shallow dishes. Scoop dough into tablespoon balls using a #50 disher; drop into granulated sugar and roll to coat. Transfer dough balls to powdered sugar and roll to coat. Evenly space dough balls on baking sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, until puffed and cracked, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft (cookies will look raw between cracks and seem underdone).
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Looking for other great lemon cookies, these Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies are to die for!