Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils - milk chocolate disks covered in your favorite colored nonpareils.
7 Tidbits about Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils
1. I have wanted to make Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils in Green Bay Packers’ colors for a long time. My hubby loves them, although he is partial to dark chocolate; next time honey.
3. I am not particularly fond of the name of this sweet treat. Nonpareils are the tiny colored sprinkle balls, but apparently, they are also a flat chocolate candy covered in nonpareils. Confusing? Yes.
4. You can make Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils with any color nonpareils (the sprinkle balls) that you fancy. I obviously chose my football team colors, but these would be awesome sauce in red and green for Christmas, or pink and red for Valentine’s Day.
5. Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils make a great gift! Use holiday nonpareils (the sprinkle balls); put them in a cellophane bag with a ribbon or a mason jar. Tada, you’ve got a gift!
6. Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils are GOOD. They're the perfect mix of chocolate with a little bit of crunch and are so festive no matter what color nonpareils (the sprinkle balls) you use. They also make a great snack; sweet treats can totally be a snack. #justsaying
7. The easiest way to make Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils is to put your nonpareils (you know which ones I am talking about) in a large shallow lid and to use a piping bag filled with melted chocolate. No muss. No fuss.
Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils
- 1 cup chocolate melting wafers or chocolate candy coating
- 1 cup nonpareils
- Fill a large shallow lid with your favorite colored nonpareils. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate melting wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until melting wafers are completely melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into a decorating bag or sandwich bag and snip a wee-bit of the corner off. Pipe disk shapes of melted chocolate onto the nonpareils. Let Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils stand until set. Eat & Enjoy!