Heart Funfetti Cookie Cake Bars - delightfully chewy, sprinkle-filled sugar cookie cake bars topped with fluffy buttercream; show your love for your friends and family with these easy, customizable, delish heart treats.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
This post was originally shared on February 3, 2016 and has since been updated.
Oh-happy-day! I am super stoked to be sharing these Heart Funfetti Cookie Cake Bars! Today’s recipe marries two of my favorite sweets, sugar cookies and buttercream! Yes, I love buttercream. Sometimes I just want to eat it with a spoon, but I don’t! 😉 And if that’s not enough there is SPRINKLES and LOVE, which DEFINITELY go together!
When Cake Boss Baking contacted me to participate in their “Love is in the Baking” campaign, I was absolutely ecstatic! My mind immediately went to baking with my niece, who I positively adore! It was such a special moment for me that I immediately felt being part of this love campaign was kismet.
My second thought was how I was totally going to bake these Heart Funfetti Cookie Cake Bars using the Cake Boss 12-Cup Heart Molded Cookie Pan; nothing says love like hearts, baked goods, and sprinkles!
These cookie cake bars are beyond delicious! They’re a cookie, they’re a cake, and they’re a bar! How many recipes can you say that about?! Not to mention they are completely customizable and are perfect individual treats. They are also a great way to show AND share your love with friends and family; both in general and for Valentine’s Day!
When it comes to customizing these cookie cake bars you are only limited by your imagination. You can decorate with buttercream, chocolate, royal icing, or simply leave them as is. Then you’ve got endless possibilities of sprinkles, sanding sugars, chocolates, and conversation hearts. The possibilities are truly limitless and all DELICIOUS!!
Heart Funfetti Cookie Cake Bars are SO loveable you’ll want to eat them up! ♥
Heart Funfetti Cookie Cake Bars
For Heart Cookie Cake Bars
For Heart Cookie Cake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Add eggs, and vanilla and almond extracts; beat until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix until combined. Gently fold in sprinkles.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool Heart Funfetti Cookie Cake Bars in pan on wire rack for 8-10 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
For Buttercream Frosting
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter until creamy and smooth. Add salt, and vanilla and almond extracts; mix until combined.
- Turn mixer on lowest speed and slowly add powdered sugar; mix until creamy. Add a tablespoon of milk, adding an additional tablespoon of milk until desired consistency is achieved. For colored frosting, add a few drops of gel food coloring in the desired color; mix until combined.