Happy Little Football Sugar Cookies - delightfully cute, delectable decorated football sugar cookies; touchdown perfect for Super Bowl parties.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
This time of year people tend to be geared towards health, football, and Valentine’s Day. I am in the football camp; this is particularly and especially true when my beloved Green Bay Packers are in the playoffs (which they are).
My family LOVES the Green Bay Packers (in case you couldn’t tell by the Green Bay Packers Puppy Chow)! When the green and gold are in the playoffs, our weekends are filled with Packer parties, and football food, like Happy Little Football Sugar Cookies.
Happy Little Football Sugar Cookies are touchdown perfect for football parties, regardless of which team you are cheering for. They also make party perfect Super Bowl treats!
Happy Little Football Sugar Cookies are decorated with chocolate brown royal icing, silly royal icing eyes, and black food marker drawn on smiley faces. You could also skip the royal icing eyes and just go all out food marker drawn on faces. Can you just say, “SO CUTE”!
For picture perfect Happy Little Football Sugar Cookies you’ll want to check out: How To Roll Out Sugar Cookie Dough, How To Cut Out Perfect Sugar Cookies Every Time!, and Flatten Cookies For A Smooth Decorating Surface. These video tutorials are GOLD! I don’t make decorated cookies any other way!!
For flooding and outlining you can use the same consistency of royal icing, about an 8 second icing. This means that if you pull a knife through your royal icing, the line disappears in 8 seconds.
Happy Little Football Sugar Cookies are sure to put a smile on your face, even if your team is losing, although I can’t make any promises on that if you are a Packers fan.
Happy Little Football Sugar Cookies
- Make sugar cookie dough per sugar cookie mix instructions or using your favorite cutout sugar cookie recipe.
- Outline and flood football sugar cookies with 8-second chocolate brown royal icing.
- Immediately add royal icing eyes; you can make these ahead of time, purchase them, or pipe them directly onto the football cookies (if piping eyes directly onto football cookies wait 10 minutes for brown icing to dry a bit before doing so).²
- Using a thick white royal icing (you want it to hold its shape) pipe white lines onto footballs.
- Wait 24 hours for icing to dry completely, then using a black food marker draw smiling faces onto cookies. Eat & Enjoy!