Golden Oreo Truffles – crushed Golden Oreo Cookies mixed with cream cheese, scooped, and dipped into beautiful melted Ghirardelli white chocolate; pure Oreo truffle bliss.
The weather in WI has warmed up this week and I am ashamed to say I turned on my air. I am not an advocate for air conditioning. I hate going places in the summer and having to bring a sweater when I waited the VERY LONG winter for it to warm up. Unfortunately, my skin is being very sensitive to the sudden heat and so air conditioning it is.
This weekend is Memorial Day weekend and I am looking forward to visiting with my Seattle friends; they’re coming into town for a visit. I am thinking I should bake some patriotic treats, especially since I dropped the ball on that one here on the blog.
What are you doing this Memorial Day weekend? Baking patriotic treats? I’d love to hear/see it!
If you follow my blog or are just poking around you may have noticed I am on an Oreo Truffles kick. It stems from my recent obsession with Oreo Cookies AND the fact that I loaded up on cream cheese when I was at the grocery store; I had visions of Oreo Truffles dancing in my head.
Today’s dancing truffles, Golden Oreo Truffles.
Golden Oreo Cookies are GOOD. Golden Oreo Truffles, DELIGHTFUL!!
Golden Oreo Truffles are super easy to make and they are a no-bake recipe. You pulverize the Oreo Cookies in a food processor, mix them with cream cheese, scoop them into balls, and dip them into melted chocolate. I used Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers. I always use Ghirardelli (my fav).
Golden Oreo Truffles are easy to make and look like a million bucks! They also sound like something a Greek God would eat, (said pronounced and slow) Golden Oreo Truffles. Right?
So be a Greek God, eat Golden Oreo Truffles! 😉
Golden Oreo Truffles
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, crush Golden Oreo Cookies into crumbs.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together Oreo cookie crumbs and cream cheese; mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), drop balls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate candy wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Dip truffles into melted chocolate using a toothpick, fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with gold sanding sugar. Allow Golden Oreo Truffles to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!