Glazed Limoncello Cookies - soft and chewy refreshingly lemon cookies frosted with lemon glaze perfection.
Somewhere along my baking journey, I fell in love with lemon desserts. I am not sure why this surprises me other than I am the pickiest eater on the planet.
I’ve made several lemon cookies on SBS including Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies, and Lemon Crinkle Cookies. All of them beyond delicious, and now I’ll be adding another one to the lemon mix, Glazed Limoncello Cookies.
Glazed Limoncello Cookies are soft and chewy, refreshingly lemon, and frosted with the most delicious limoncello glaze. These cookies scream LEMON and it’s all because of the addition of limoncello liqueur.
I came across Glazed Limoncello Cookies when I was looking for ridiculously awesome ways to incorporate limoncello liqueur into baked goodies and then there it was, Limoncello Cookies from the talented Lindsay at Life, Love and Sugar.
I made a few minor tweaks to Lindsay's recipe. First I kicked lemon zest to the curb. I find the whole business of zesting a lemon to be obnoxious. Second, I added a bit more limoncello liqueur to compensate for the removal of the lemon zest. Voila, my version of super tasty Glazed Limoncello Cookies.
The limoncello glaze on these cookies is a MUST! It adds more lemon flavor that pushes these cookies to over-the-top deliciousness!! Don’t let the fact that the glaze is made in a saucepan over heat dissuade you. It’s an easy necessity and is well worth it; your tastebuds will thank you.
If you are a fan of lemon desserts you will absolutely LOVE these Glazed Limoncello Cookies!! 🍋
Glazed Limoncello Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup limoncello liqueur
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup limoncello liqueur
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven 350F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugars, egg, and limoncello on medium speed; beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix on medium speed just until combined.
- Scoop dough into 1.5 tablespoon balls, or use a #40 disher to scoop balls of dough. Place on an ungreased baking sheet or silicone mat/parchment paper lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 3 minutes; transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine all the glaze icing ingredients except for the powdered sugar.
- Heat the ingredients in the saucepan on low until the sugar is melted, then turn the heat to medium to bring to boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring continuously, then remove from heat and immediately pour into a heat-safe glass bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and whisk until combined. Allow to cool and thicken, 10-15 minutes.
- Using a knife or icing spatula, spread icing onto the cookies and then allow to cool completely. Icing will thicken as it cools. Eat & Enjoy!
Shop This Recipe