Easy Pretzel Pecan Turtles – SO delicious and oh-so-EASY four-ingredient sweet and salty treat with a twist on your favorite pecan turtles, the addition of crunchy pretzels; your sweet and salty lover dream!
November has been quite the whirlwind. Earlier this month I visited Chicago for BlogHerFood15. I had a fabulous time meeting food blogger friends, hearing an enlightening and comical session on Facebook and Instagram from the Instagram Queen, Amanda of iambaker, and met a few delicious sponsors! I also met one of my all time favs, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and heard all about her new company Foodstirs. As a HUGE Buffy fan this was an AMAZING! And as if that wasn’t enough, I ate the BEST donut I’ve ever had in my entire life; as a donut fan that is saying A LOT!
The following weekend I hit up the America’s Baking and Sweet Show. I met Cydni of The Sweet Fest, a unique sweet community that connects sweet lovers with sweet makers, which is SO up my ally! I also got to check off my bucket list meeting the very inspirational food blogger, Sally, of Sally’s Baking Addiction. Her success is encouraging and I strive to achieve just a little bit of it on my own blog!
And then there is The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. I am super excited for this! This is my first time participating. I am working on a rockin’ cookie recipe to share, and I’ll be sharing it with you too! The #fbcookieswap is also for a great cause, Cookies for Kids’ Cancer! I am both honored and humbled to participate!
Yes, it’s been busy and VERY food blogging centered. Don’t worry though, I haven’t forgotten about YOU! How could I, YOU are the reason why I get to be a food blogger and I am eternally grateful! I am working on MUST MAKE recipes for you, as well as a handful of giveaways, because who doesn’t LOVE giveaways?!
Now that I have jibber jabbered away on my life the last few weeks, let’s talk Easy Pretzel Pecan Turtles!
I am a HUGE fan of sweet and salty! (I can’t say/type huge without saying it like Trump now! I got you doing it too, right?) I also LOVE turtles, as in the chocolate, nut, caramel kind. I’ve been dying to make a few turtle recipes, and these Easy Pretzel Pecan Turtles seemed like the perfect start.
Easy Pretzel Pecan Turtles are crunchy and chewy, sweet and salty, chocolatey and nutty, oh-so-delicious, and SO easy to make! With Thanksgiving knocking on the door and Christmas right around the corner an easy-peasy recipe is the only way to go! Easy Pretzel Pecan Turtles are SO EASY it boasts “easy” in the title. And HELLO, did I mention SO delicious!
Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty, the recipe that you will LOVE! Pretzels, Rolo candies, pecan halves and a little drizzle of white chocolate if you are feeling particularly festive and feisty! Then EAT, EAT, EAT, until you need to make more!
How much are you loving these Easy Pretzel Pecan Turtles? How has your November been?
- Preheat oven to 200F degrees.
- Place pretzel snaps flat on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Unwrap Rolos and place one on top of each pretzel snap.
- Bake 4-5 minutes until Rolos are shiny and soft.
- Remove pretzel pecan turtles from oven and gently press pecan onto each one. The Rolos will flatten out when you press the pecan onto it. If Rolos aren't soft enough place back in oven for 30 seconds.
- Allow Easy Pretzel Pecan Turtles to set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate wafers. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until white chocolate is completely melted.
- Drizzle white melted chocolate onto Easy Pretzel Pecan Turtles. Let stand until set. Eat & Enjoy!
Easy Pretzel Pecan Turtles should be stored in an airtight container and will keep for up to 2 weeks.
¹ White chocolate drizzle is optional.