Decorated Pumpkin Cupcakes - your favorite cupcakes decorated as pumpkins with an orange buttercream swirl, make these beautiful fall cupcakes look like they were plucked right out of the pumpkin patch.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my disclosure policy for more on affiliate links and my policies.
October is one of my favorite times of the year, and not because of all things pumpkin, scarves, and cooler weather. I am not that girl. I am too busy getting excited about Halloween. I am THAT girl.
I love Halloween! I love getting dressed up and being someone or something else AND I LOVE baking for Halloween.
Jack Skeleton Cupcakes, Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes, Mummy Pretzels Bites, Halloween Mummy Oreo Cookies, and the Halloween recipes go on and on. Sarah's Bake Studio is full of them.
Unfortunately, with building a house with the WORST BUILDER EVER, I have far less time to dedicate to my favorite holiday.
Thankfully, I was able to sneak in these Decorated Pumpkin Cupcakes.
Aren’t they gorgeous? I love the simple swirl using the Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip. If you’re wondering How to Frost a Rose Cupcake, which is what that gorgeous swirl is, I’ve got a video tutorial for you!
For the delightful fall colors of these Decorated Pumpkin Cupcakes, I used Americolor Soft Gel Paste in electric orange and avocado green to color the vanilla buttercream.
I am obsessed with Americolor’s Soft Gel Paste Electric Colors! The colors are outstanding! You could totally use their electric green for the leaves too.
Speaking of the leaves on these Decorated Pumpkin Cupcakes, I used the Wilton 65 Leaf Decorating Tip. You can use any size leaf decorating tip though.
Decorated Pumpkin Cupcakes, gorgeous, and just in time for Halloween! 🎃👻
Decorated Pumpkin Cupcakes
- your favorite cupcake recipe
- vanilla buttercream
- electric orange gel paste
- avocado gel paste
- Separate your vanilla buttercream into two bowls, about a cup for the pumpkin leaves, and about five cups for the pumpkin swirl. Color the pumpkin leaf buttercream with avocado gel paste; adding several drops at a time until the desired color is achieved. Color your pumpkin swirl buttercream with electric orange gel paste; adding several drops at a time until the desired color is achieved.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a 1M open star decorating tip, pipe an orange rose swirl onto your cupcake. View video tutorial, How To Frost A Rose Cupcake, to learn how. Continue frosting swirls until all cupcakes are done.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a no.65 leaf decorating tip, using even pressure, move the tip away from the cupcake while slowly releasing on the pressure as the leaf forms; pipe a couple leaves onto each of your cupcakes. Continue frosting until all cupcakes are Decorated Pumpkin Cupcakes. Eat & Enjoy!
Leave a Comment