Death by Chocolate Oreo Truffles – Chocolate Crème Oreo Cookies, cream cheese, melted dark chocolate, and mini milk chocolate chips make these sinfully delicious Oreo truffles perfect for you chocoholics!
I’ve been a wee-bit obsessed with Oreo truffles lately. It seems I can’t stop making them. There are just so many Oreo flavors, Oreo recipe ideas, and Oreo cookies in my bake studio that it just has to be done. Good thing you all seem to love Oreo truffle inspiration.
That being said, I also have to tell you about my other obsession, my Wilton Candy Melting Pot. I got one for Christmas and positively love it so much that I bought a second. I may have mentioned that before, sorry, that’s how obsessed with it I am. I may actually get another one, maybe that’s overkill?!
I digress; having the Wilton Candy Melting Pot certainly makes melting chocolate easier and a little bit more fun, but is not necessary. You can melt chocolate using the double boiler method, or your microwave. Regardless, when melting chocolate it’s important to remember low and slow, no water or alcohol, and chocolate chips are not suitable for melting.
If you want more chocolate know how - The Art of Melting Chocolate.
Now that I’ve gotten on a chocolate tangent, let’s get back to Death by Chocolate Oreo Truffles. These Oreo truffles are not for the chocolate faint at heart. We’re talking chocolate crème sandwiched between chocolate cookies, blended with cream cheese, dunked in melted dark chocolate, and sprinkled with mini milk chocolate chips. It doesn’t get more chocolate-y than this!
Death by Chocolate Oreo Truffles, if you don’t like CHOCOLATE than this sweet treat isn’t for you! Also, what did chocolate ever do to you? 😉
Death By Chocolate Oreo Truffles
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package Chocolate Creme Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups dark chocolate melting wafers
- 2 tablespoons paramount crystals¹
- mini chocolate chips
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, crush Chocolate Creme Oreo Cookies into crumbs.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together Oreo cookie crumbs and cream cheese; mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), drop balls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate candy wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Dip truffles into melted chocolate using a toothpick, fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper and immediately add mini chocolate chips. Allow Death by Chocolate Oreo Truffles to sit until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!