Dark Chocolate Football Almonds – dark chocolate dipped almonds with delicately piped white chocolate laces to resemble the all-important football. The perfect game day treat; super delicious and healthy too!
Oh nuts. The Packers lost against Seattle and are not going to the Super Bowl. It was a gut wrenching loss, but since this is not a football blog I will leave it at that. 🙁
Super Bowl XLIX is happening February 1st, commercials and all, and you’re going to need Football Food. Today I am sharing another delicious game day treat with you, Dark Chocolate Football Almonds.
These Dark Chocolate Football Almonds are easy to make and super adorable. They do take a special kind of person to make them; piping white chocolate laces onto dark chocolate almonds is not for everyone. Fortunately, these Dark Chocolate Football Almonds are healthy and delicious. Plus, you’ll seriously impress your friends when you bring them to your Super Bowl party.
Tips for Making Dark Chocolate Football Almonds
1. The dark chocolate dipped almonds should be set before you start piping the white chocolate stitches on. You don’t want the chocolate to run into each other.
2. You’re piping onto an almond and melted chocolate in a piping bag will run fast and furious. If you’re using a piping bag with a decorating tip, than use a super small, #00 decorating tip. You can also cut a very small hole in the piping bag or a sandwich bag and go sans-decorating tip.
3. There are eight stitches on a traditional football, but unless you are a piping rock star it will be difficult to pipe that many stitches. It’s OK, everyone will get the point so pipe however many stitches you can fit.
And there you have it, Dark Chocolate Football Almonds. Now go have fun making them, have fun eating them, and have fun watching Super Bowl XLIX commercials. Hut-Hut. 😉
Dark Chocolate Football Almonds
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add dark chocolate wafers and 1 and ½ teaspoons paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip almonds into dark chocolate using a fork and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper until chocolate hardens.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate wafers and 1 teaspoon paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour white chocolate into a pastry bag with a #00 decorating tip or a sandwich bag with a very small hole snipped in the corner, just big enough for the chocolate to come out. Pipe laces onto football almonds. Let almonds stand until set. Eat & Enjoy!