Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies #Choctoberfest – a cake mix crinkle cookie that is easy to make, has only 6-ingredients and is dark chocolatey delicious; perfect for getting your #Choctoberfest 2017 on!
This post is a sponsored partnership with Imperial Sugar.
This week is #Choctoberfest 2017! It’s a sweet week full of chocolate recipes brought to you by 70+ bloggers and awesome sponsors, like today’s gold sponsor, Imperial Sugar.
Imperial Sugar rocks my socks and not just because they sent me #88lbsofsugar. They have GOOD quality sugar and can satisfy all my sugar baking needs, which is especially great as a blogger and for everyone when it comes to baking for the holiday season.
Enter to WIN a #Choctoberfest Prize Pack, which includes your very own boatload of Imperial Sugar!
Let’s talk Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. I absolutely knew I HAD to bake this recipe when I decided to become a part of #Choctoberfest. Crinkle cookies are the BEST and Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are an absolute MUST.
I simply love crinkle cookies with a cake mix base. They’re such an easy cookie to bake and SO delicious. In fact, they’re too delicious for how easy and family-friendly they are. You just can’t go wrong with a cake mix crinkle cookie.
The key to the perfect crinkle cookie is to roll your balls of cookie dough in granulated sugar before rolling in powdered sugar. This is a crucial step that is often skipped.
So, why is this such an important step?
The granulated sugar acts as a barrier for the powdered sugar. This granulated sugar barrier keeps the powdered sugar from absorbing into the cookie as it bakes. No, it’s not the end of the world if your powdered sugar is absorbed, but a crinkle cookie really isn’t a crinkle cookie without the heavy dusting of powdered sugar on the outside.
Now that you have the lowdown on Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies and #Choctoberfest, it’s time to get to baking and eating! And to truly indulge in chocolate, check out the other awesome-sauce #Choctoberfest 2017 recipes posted below.
Dark Chocolate Crinkle Cookies #Choctoberfest
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix together boxed cake mix, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Place granulated sugar and powdered sugar in separate shallow dishes. Scoop dough into tablespoon balls using a #50 disher; drop into granulated sugar and roll to coat. Transfer dough balls to powdered sugar and roll to coat. Evenly space dough balls on baking sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, until puffed and cracked, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft (cookies will look raw between cracks and seem underdone).
- Cool cookies on baking sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!
Imperial Sugar is sponsoring this post. I received product as compensation for this post; however all opinions are my own. Always have been, Always will be!
More #Choctoberfest 2017 Recipes