Daisy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles – delicious bite-size chocolate chip cookie dough truffles shaped into adorable daisies and dipped into delectable white chocolate; a perfect Mother’s Day treat.
The world is obsessed with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
There are so many recipes besides Chocolate Chip Cookies that use Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough it is unreal. If you want a taste try Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes, Deep-Fried Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies, or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars.
Let’s not forget that Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough in itself is completely wonderful. This is why I scrapped Carrot Cupcakes for Mother’s Day and instead will be making Daisy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles.
Daisy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles are an ideal spring treat and are PERFECT for Mother’s Day. You’ll love the rich chocolate chip cookie dough flavor and the melt in your mouth chocolate. It’s like a chocolate chip cookie dough candy bar, but better. Your mom will love them too!
The best part of these Daisy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles is that they taste exactly like your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough except this one is eggless. It’s a no-bake recipe AND is safe to eat.
To make these Daisy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles I used a laundry list of baking tools - Wilton Silicone Daisy Mold, Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers, Wilton Garden Candy Color, Paramount Crystals, and Wilton Candy Melt Dipping Tools.
Yes, this is a lot of gadgets if you don’t have them or don’t want to purchase them, however, this recipe is just as fabulous rolled into ball shapes and dipped into candy melts or baking chocolate using a fork.
Resources + Recommendations
If I recommend only one thing it would be the paramount crystals. They do wonders when working with chocolate; they help the chocolate dry shiny and smooth. They are very helpful in preventing sugar or fat bloom too. Use paramount crystals – 1 tablespoon per 1 cup of unmelted chocolate wafers.
If you would like more tips for working with chocolate, The Art of Melting Chocolate is a good resource.
Now on to the recipe…
First you’ll need to put a little flour into the silicone daisy mold. I just tapped mine around and then dumped the excess. This will help ensure easy removal of your adorable daisy truffles. Once you’ve whipped up your eggless chocolate chip cookie dough scoop the dough into the daisy mold. You’ll want to push it around and down filling the cavity. Be sure to make the cookie dough flush with the top of the silicone mold. This will give you a nice flat bottom.
Once you’ve filled your mold, pop it into the freezer for about a half hour. While the Daisy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is firming up you can start melting your chocolate.
To melt chocolate wafers I use a double boiler system, but you can also melt your chocolate in the microwave if you prefer. If using a microwave, heat the chocolate for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until the chocolate is melted. Be very watchful while heating chocolate – you don’t want to burn it.
Once your chocolate chip cookie dough is firmed up and your chocolate is melted it is time for your truffles to take a chocolate bath. Dip cookie dough truffles into chocolate, lightly tap dipping tool to remove excess chocolate, and place on parchment paper to set. You don’t want the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles to get soft while dipping, so be brisk when dipping into the warm melted chocolate.
Once your Daisy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles have set store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. I doubt they will last that long though – so delish!
Like I said, the world is obsessed with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. It is beyond delicious. You’ll love these adorable Daisy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles and your mom will too!
Daisy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
For Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
For Chocolate Coating
- 2 cups white chocolate wafers
- 2 tablespoons paramount crystals
For Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Dust silicone mold cavities with flour and dump out excess. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and creamy. Mix in milk and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
- Stir in flour and salt on low speed until incorporated. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Press cookie dough into mold cavities; remove excess dough so it is flush with the mold.
- Put cookie dough filled mold in freezer for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
For Chocolate Coating
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly. Replace in microwave for 15 second increments until chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip cookie dough truffles into chocolate using a fork or dipping tool and lightly tap to remove excess chocolate; transfer to parchment paper until chocolate hardens. Eat & Enjoy!