Cinnamon Sugar Almonds – crunchy almonds coated with cinnamon and sugar; a delicious holiday treat.
Tis' the season for Cinnamon Sugar Almonds and they are SO worth the bake!
I’ve been wanting to share this recipe for some time, but I drop the ball A LOT during this time of year. We tend to have holiday parties every weekend in December, plus with personal baking, I just can’t get my crap together. In all honesty, I kind of have this issue year-round. 😉
When it comes to Cinnamon Sugar Almonds there are three different ways you can make them: the oven, the cooktop, and the slow cooker. These babies are made via the cooktop. I am against slow cooking because I don’t particularly like doing anything slowly. I also say no to the oven version because flipping almonds on baking sheets sound horrible to me. So, cooktop it is.
Four Reasons You Should Totally Bake Cinnamon Sugar Almonds
1. They are easier than you may think. Heat and stir until all the liquid evaporates and the sugar crystallizes onto the almonds. Done.
2. They make a wonderful holiday gift. Tasty Cinnamon Sugar Almonds in a jar; you can’t go wrong.
3. They smell absolutely divine! I promise you you’ll never smell anything more wonderful than these. It’s absolutely the BEST!
4. They taste awesome-sauce! I mean, cinnamon, sugar, and almonds. Enough said.
Cinnamon Sugar Almonds
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups whole almonds raw
- Combine water, sugar, and cinnamon in a large pot over medium-high heat; continuously stir until mixture begins to boil.
- Add almonds to cinnamon-sugar mixture; continuously stir, coating the almonds with the syrupy mixture.
- Continue stirring almonds until the sugar crystallizes; it'll look sandy and takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and dump onto wax or parchment paper to cool completely. Eat & Enjoy!